D.2 Part 7

(Note from Nironus: I know I haven't updated this in a long while so I made this one extra long) 

(Third Person)

Two of the four pirates assaulted (YN) head-on while the other two fought from his sides. The Prince of Hearts was holding his own but was slowly being pushed back over the dock. He looked up to see how his girlfriend was doing. " I'm coming Evie. " (YN) thought, not that she needed his assistance. Evie was remarkably strong despite her sometimes stereotypical princess demeanor. (YN) took advantage when one of the pirates at his front lunges his blade forward, countering the thrust and using the pirate's momentum to send him off the docks and into the water. Without a fourth man, the pirate's attack began to falter. (YN) easily gained back his lost ground. The other side pirate went for a downward slash that (YN) was able to angle into the others, using the position to disarm all three. They stared at the prince in bewilderment before fleeing. (YN) grinned triumphantly before running to join Evie. Before he could, someone jerked his cape back. (YN) turned and saw the pirate who fell from the dock with his sword stabbed into the wood and his cape. " Do you have any idea how much Evie is gonna charge me for that? " The enraged royal asked while he clubbed the pirate with the hilt of his rapier until the pirate stumbled back into the water. " So uncivilized. " (YN) said to himself. He battled his way through any pirates who got in his way. 

(YN)'s P.O.V

Evie had just taken down a pirate by sending off the dock with his scarf. " Hey E. " I greeted as we went back to back to hold off new opponents. " (YN). " Evie acknowledged, turning to give me a quick peck on my cheek as we fought back our foes. Carlos and Lonnie caught up to us and covered our rush to the man-sized drainage pipe. She and Jay were the first to get out but Uma, Harry, and some other pirates ambushed us. " They're still coming! " Carlos shouted. I looked up to see pirates that weren't a part of Uma's crew charging from the marketplace, probably thugs looking for a free shot at us or Uma. " For the Prince of Hearts! " A collective voice echoed. I smiled at the sight of the would-be attackers being beaten back by my more experienced card troops. "Earn your freedom my friends! " I shouted to them. Evie used the distraction to throw down a smoke bomb, disorientating Uma and her lackeys and giving us time to escape through the drainage pipe. " You okay? " Carlos asked Loonie. " Yeah, I'm good. " She replied. " You fought well yet again. " I complimented. 

We all got in the limo and waited a minute for Ben to get Mal. Jay drove while Loonie went passenger. I let out a sigh of relief and wrapped my arm around Evie. " Sorry E but I have a whole in my cape. " I whispered. " Do you really have to ruin this tender moment with that? " She whispered back. " Guess not. " I chuckled, snuggling into her. " I'm really sorry that things didn't go the way you wanted them to. " Ben apologized. " I mean... As long as you're safe, that's... " Mal panted out. " I mean, at least I got to see the Isle. " Ben reminisced. " They're my people, too. " I'm sorry, what now? Mal scoffed. " Ben, Uma captured you. " She said blatantly. " She's an angry girl with a bad plan. That's not so different from you when you came to Auradon, Mal. " Ben reasoned. Evie and I exchanged confused glances. " Stockhooolm Syndrome. " I said jokingly, earning an elbow from my girlfriend. Only Dude laughed at my joke. 

The ride back to Auradon was silent from there. We got the limo back into the garage and entered campus grounds. " I'll get these back to the gym. " Loonie said about the swords we borrowed. I found it odd that no one was suspicious of our looks. " Ben! There you are. " Jane called out. How is she not paying attention to our clothing? " Coltillion's tonight. Come here. Look. This is the stained glass window for Mal. Isn't it beautiful? She's gonna love it. " Jane showed Ben her tablet, displaying the different designs. Mal is literally right next to Ben, Jane! Ben brought up that now is not the best time and got Jane to come back later. " We need to talk. " Evie said to Mal. " Yeah. " The daughter of Maleficent agreed. I nodded and went to leave before Carlos interjected with a no. " No? " Evie asked. " You guys are always going off in a huddle, whispering your girl-talk stuff or whatever, and Jay, (YN), and I are tired of it. " Carlos argued. " I'm not. " Jay shrugged. " I second that. " I said. Carlos glared at us before continuing on. " We're your family, too. We've been through a lot. Together. I'm not stopping that now. Okay? Everyone, sit. Come on. " He ordered. " Jay and I exchanged awkward glances before sitting down with the rest. " I don't know how to start girl talk. " Carlos stated. I facepalmed. " What's up? " Jay started. " Um. Well... I'm such a mess. " Mal said with a nervous chuckle.  " Six months ago, I was, you know, stealing candy from babies. And now, everybody wants me to be this Lady of the Court, and I have no idea how to keep up the act. " Evie comforted her with a hand on the shoulder. " Then don't. " Carlos recommended. 

" See? This was dumb. " Jay said while getting up. " Let me say something before I go. " I said, keeping my eyes to the grass. " I was an heir to nothing until a few days ago when Ben promised to restore my royal status after Coltilion. What am I really gonna an heir to? An abandoned castle? A kingdom where everyone will most likely hate me? " I looked up to Evie. " All I want is to be the prince you always desired. " Evie took my hand and squeezed it lovingly. 

 " Maybe it wasn't stupid. " She said, causing Jay to sit back down and make me stay. " We're always gonna be the kids from the Isle. I tried to forget it, I really tried, but those are our roots. And we all did what we had to do and survive, but it made us who we are. And we're never gonna be like anybody else here. And that's okay. We all nodded with her. " And we can't fake it. " Carlos added. " No " Evie confirmed. " Yeah, I mean, especially without my spellbook. " Mal lamented. " Well, if Ben doesn't love the real you, then he's not the one. " Carlos said. " I like that. " Evie commented with a smile. " Give him a chance. " Carlos said to Mal. " I'm gonna make some changes to your dress, and if you're up for it, only if you're up for it, I'll be waiting for you, okay? " Evie said before hugging Mal. Carlos and Jay got up first then me. I walked to the garage to retrieve the freezer. Sorry friends, I'm sorry for not telling you everything.