Auditions

Ch.34

"BTS is our rival and D-Crunch is yours."

What in the world?

That comment hasn't fully settled. All of you returned back to Namjoon's house utterly speechless. You guys are supposed to be rookies. The boys didn't expect to get fans or haters so quickly. Much less specific rivals! They haven't even auditioned to be in the contest! Who knows if BTS will get accepted into the competition? Who knows if D-Crunch will get accepted? All of you were sitting in the living room, staring blankly at nothing. It made no sense on how BTS already has rivals. The boys didn't know whether to accept it and grow competitive or ignore it. After Hyunho said that, all of you became extremely awkward. It was just something you never expected to hear.

Namjoon kept opening his mouth to say something but would inevitably close it. Yoongi would do the same and do a quick head tilt. What did they expect the boys to do with that information? Hoseok was frowning, clearly not wanting to have rivals of any kind. He just wanted to participate in a contest and wish everyone good luck. The preteens were beginning to fall in that same area. After meeting the members, they felt less anger about the hate comment. Jungkook didn't even feel like fighting Dylan anymore. Then Seokjin was contemplating his life. He wanted to know if it was worth being rivals to a group of nine kids.

"What am I doing?" Seokjin finally broke the silence. Yoongi quickly jumped into action, punching his teacher's shoulder.

"You're a part of this team! It's too late to leave so don't even think about it!" Yoongi growled.

"Ouch! Okay!" Seokjin grumbled. He rubbed his arm as Yoongi relaxed. Anytime Seokjin felt unsure about being in BTS, Yoongi took it upon himself to lightly abuse Seokjin. You're surprised the older man just takes it instead of scolding Yoongi.

"So...we have rivals now apparently," Namjoon spoke.

"I really don't want any." Hoseok shook his head. He really enjoyed the tiny conversation he had with Hyunwoo. From the impression you got from all of them, they seemed like nice kids. They clearly have been trying to make it together for a while now. They were all synchronized and close with each other. Entering this contest was definitely good for them. The boys and you weren't sure if you guys wanted to consider them rivals though. "Why can't we be friends?"

"I like friends!" Taehyung grinned.

"Me too!!" Jimin bounced in his seat.

"Yeah, I'd like to befriend Yeonjae." Jungkook swung his feet back and forth.

"Didn't he say he prefers Dylan?" Seokjin stared at his nephew. The bunny was in his own world though. It didn't look like Jungkook would be calling their rival's maknae by the name 'Dylan' any time soon.

"How about this? Let's just call them our rivals, but not really worry about it? They already suck at being rivals." Yoongi suggested. "They were acting more like fans than anything."

"I guess that works." You sighed. "Yoongi's right though. Let's no worry about them since you guys will end up competing with a bunch of teams if you pass the auditions. Just work hard for your audition and forget all about that rival business."

"Good call. Our audition is in two days and that's the last day of our winter break. We should really polish what we've got so we can audition confidently." Namjoon stood up. He clapped his hands, making everyone stand up with him. A lot of them whined, but not because of practice. The break was coming to an end and you really didn't want to go back to school. Seokjin chuckled in amusement, watching all the children groan and complain about school. He rolled his eyes and walked outside where dance practice is usually held. The rest of them followed suit as Namjoon kept motivating them to give it their all. If they feel confident in their performance during rehearsal then they'll be able to breeze through the audition like professionals. You agreed, going out to sit on the porch to watch them.