Honesty & Violent Bonding

Ch.51

Things were falling apart, but also managing to stick together. Aside from the boys dealing with extra teasing for wanting to become idols, life was alright. Yoongi was able to keep his promise about coming to practice without problems. He showed up early to school to find you guys and then stayed late as possible at rehearsals to make sure the choreography was perfect. It was in their muscle memory. Sometimes during lunch, you would see the boys doing little movements of the dance. Mainly the part where they have their hand on their neck and do body rolls. That seemed to be the part all the boys exaggerated and made fun of sometimes.

Either way, they were perfecting the dance like it was no problem. The only thing that some of the boys weren't looking forward to was perfecting the song they created for the third round. It was a really hard dance that was fast and sharp. It did have soft movements though, but it was complex. It was the same choreography that caused Hoseok to sprain his ankle after all. You made sure the boys knew that they could handle the choreography. Besides, that's in the future and they should really keep their mind on I Need You since you feel this song will really boost their popularity in the contest. It's incredibly catchy and the choreography can sort of be followed if people really liked it.

It was Thursday and you guys have survived more than half way of the week. Just a couple more hours before tech and the second round. You were hoping so hard that BTS passes through the second round. Maybe that'll finally get people to leave your rappers alone. The main boy that got a lot of crap was Namjoon. Students were just too shocked that the class president and top student at Sehwang was doing that in his free time. All of a sudden people were questioning if people should look up to him at all for throwing his studies away. What was their problem? Then Kijung found it hilarious how the guy with 'thousands of sticks up his @ss' is trying to become an idol rapper. It made them believe that Namjoon lost a couple brain cells. Do they even know the amount of hard work Namjoon does for the contest?

Somehow the boys were digesting this a lot better than you. The three of them remained calm despite the light teasing that occurred nonstop. It seemed like they all had a conversation about it without you. They all knew that putting themselves on television would open them up to this type of behavior. The internet where people could leave hate comments and now here at school. It's not like your boys were famous so students had no problem poking fun at your rappers. You're just glad that the middle schoolers are doing fine. Taehyung said that not many of their classmates watched it. Some of them knew but thought it was cool. Other than that, Namjoon advised them not to go rubbing it in others faces. It's a good thing that Taehyung is popular and so is Jimin. They're safe that way and Jungkook too since he's under their wings.

The hate was just something you unfortunately had to get used to. Though most of the hate surrounding the competition was mainly towards the boys only. Students never sent those comments to you. It still annoyed you any time you heard someone poorly rapping Namjoon's part in Boy In Luv just to make fun of him. Namjoon didn't care though and thanked them for spending time to learn his lyrics. It was at that point that you learned something from him. Ignoring hate or fighting back defensively didn't always need to happen. Sometimes you just needed to handle it with class. That's how you slowly got over it.

"Less people mocked us today. That's pretty good," Yoongi said as you guys walked out the school gates.

"I keep trying to promote us by dancing, but I don't know if that's working." Hoseok pursed his lips.

"All I know is that I don't look forward to coming to school as much anymore." Namjoon crossed his arms behind his head.

"Gross. You liked coming to school?" Yoongi wanted to vomit.