Chapter 16

The lonely vampire remains on my mind as I walked out of the tent I was feeling alright it was only right I couldn't stay there anymore. The calming wind made it clear peace was still here, but the words Alison said to me not too long ago made my inside fall to my stomach.

I thought this prophet was a key, but it shows to be a curse, my very own existence, a curse. It's simple to stop this madness, but I can't bring myself to complete this prophet.

Vixton looks trouble although he hasn't visited me I still have his place on my mind.

The silent wind stopped for a mili second as the heat of my eyes watching me burning my skin, I look around trying to find the source but it can't be that easy to find them.

I decided to hurry to my destination quickly without the commotion of any unseen attack.

/\/\///////////////////////////\\\/////\//\\\/\\\//\\\

I stopped at the door stopping in my tracks the roar of shouts followed by breaking I decided not to wait any longer pushing the door I came face to face with the sole vampire his back to me as if he was leaving the area.

I came forward but he was already up the stairs slamming the door in the process.

"What happened," I said to Alison coming closer to her pointing in Vixton's exit location, she looked frustrated a look not quite suiting her sharp face.

She gave me a force look basking in the hostile feelings of the situation that occurred "That bastard Bane destroy the last world in this realm" she got up from her seat frustration place in each step she took "Now he's pissed"

Anger washed over me analysing the words through and through it only made me angry and somewhat sad I wanted to tell Alison we are strong to defeat this even though the visible struggle.

But I was mostly angry at myself the idiot and weakling I have become made a bad taste settle on my tongue.

"Then why don't we attack, why do we wait for the last hope to be wasted" without thinking words began to come out of mouth aiming at Alison whose been staring out the window "What kind of witch are? Silently waiting on destruction to break your door again, what the fuck is wrong with you" at this moment my fist was tight to pop at any moment silent tears began to run but still I stayed there

I stayed there maybe to hear the words of hope but only the very silence settling, I ran out the door without a single thought of returning.

Running at full speed tears brim my eyes breaking the inside of my soul, sharp tree bark digging in my skin but it still didn't stop me if anything it gave me the push to go further.

I only stop when the rush of pain burns my lungs but physically I am in pain the weakling I have become they did this, my powers no evidence of showing its presence but if anything I can still feel it my very heart silent from the beginning of all this drama.

The sound of water rushing pulled me to follow. I only wanted to escape at this point but when I see the waterfall I got mesmerized the beautiful effect held me captive.

I forgot the reason in the first place lost in the constant turn-mill of my overall purpose.

My fingers brushing the surface of the water, the little fishes circling as if full of joy at least they don't have to worry, that same worry that needed to disappear everything from the prophet I should have told the elders I wasn't made for this. Why did they made me live they should have killed me with my parents I'm only a victim in this world of hopelessness.

I'm helpless.

I didn't know how long I stayed at the waterfall venting my worries to just disappear but I felt the warm glow of the sun disappeared. Crystal light beaming appear on top of the water, a signal that mermaids were present knowing that I should leave now I slowly got up dusting away the stray dirt from my skirt.

I can't remember the last time I ever look at the night sky dwelling in its beauty. Memories from back then played on my mind the images of when my mother was still alive and happiness evident on her face.

Sighing I take a step away from the waterfall going in the direction I think I took to get here but within my steps cold hands grab on my ankle pulling hard I fell from the sudden force. My chin burns in pain but I couldn't think of that now my body being drag like a rag doll I put my other foot in use kicking but only the air I came in contact with.

Panic surrounds me my foot meeting the surface of the water "HELP" I scream from the top of my lungs without my powers I was plain useless, "HELP" I screamed again my body now coming in contact with most of the water I try pulling myself harder fighting against the force of the pull but another hand grabs my other foot. I know who were these creatures, mermaids aren't like the fairy tales we come to read and love, NO, they were man-eating creatures but for the women, they choose to drown I was in a bad position. My body almost come in the full frame of the water.

Is this how I end.