Part 3

I was standing in the mirror looking at how I looked. I was wearing a back tight top that really hugged my figure with a pair of ripped blue jeans. I applied some more bronzer doubting myself in the mirror. Good enough I thought and took up my phone, 6.20 already? We were leaving at 6.30, the party started at 6 but had drop in from 6-7.
I sat in the car, clearly nervous, my mom noticed and tried to calm me down. I ignored her and just focused on myself. I still couldn't believe this.

I walked up to the door, they had really high security here. I showed my id, my ticket, my bag, my pockets and I had to get through a metal scanner. Once I got in I was already lost. There where so many people here and I didn't know anyone. I took a deep breath and walked into the crowd of people. I saw a lot of people I recognized but I was to afraid to say anything. After a few minutes I heard someone call my name. I turned around a couple of times until I heard laughing from a table close to me. I turned in that direction and saw a very familiar face. It was Quinn.
"Nice to see you here Ella!" Quinn said pulling out chair, telling me to sit down. I walked around and sat down on the chair he pulled out for me.
"Ohh hi Quinn, I said, it's nice to see a familiar face here" He laughed
"There should be more familiar faces than mine here?"
"Well, yes, but I'm too scared to just walk up to people here, I don't know anybody so I was just walking around"
"Yeah I noticed, speaking of that, what are you doing here?" Ha asked with a hint of sympathy and confusion in his tone.
"Umm well, my mom and I are staying at her cousins house and my moms cousins boyfriend managed to get me tickets here because he knows Blackwood and they wanted to get some time to go out and drink and meet guys. They thought I should have something to do and they came up with this"
"So you don't live here?"
"No, I live in Arizona"
"And you're a Canucks fan"
"Well, my dad was always a Canucks fan, he was born and grew up in Vancouver so he was really into hockey. He got me into hockey but I never played, my older brother did, he stopped when he was 13 however"
"So you're a Vancouver fan because your dad is?"
"Yeah, if he had not been so into hockey I wouldn't watch it. It's like a thing I do for him. This game tomorrow means a lot to me as well, it's my first NHL game and he always said that he would take me to at least one game. He never did though.."
I felt the sadness and regret from Quinn. Why did I say so much about my dad? Couldn't I just have said 'yes' and shut up? Now Quinn was uncomfortable and it went quiet. I looked at the other guys at the table with Quinn and noticed some of them were wearing a different jersey. I counted the guys to be 5, including Quinn. Across the table from me sat a younger looking boy who shared features with Quinn. Next to him, in a red jersey, slightly younger looking than Quinn, another boy sharing features with Quinn. I recognized him as Jack Hughes. While I was not a big hockey fan and definitely not a devils fan, I did know who Jack Hughes was. All girls in my school talked about how hot and good he was. I tried to discuss hockey with them but they only talked about Jack Hughes. His new Instagram picture, his new maybe girlfriend, his last game when he was hit and fell, all the times he scored. They only knew about him. I wasn't really interested in discussions about Jack Hughes and quickly changes the subject when he came up. Not because I didn't agree with them, but because I don't want to agree with them. Yes, he's good, both Jack and Quinn are really talented players, but I didn't want to think about hockey players as 'hot'. Hockey, for me, was about sharing a hobby with my dad, not watch hot guys roam around the ice getting hit by each other. I didn't want to see Jack as 'hot' but seeing him in person was different, He did actually look good, He was cute with crystal blue eyes and a sweet, warm, welcoming smile. I let my eyes continue over the guys to see a blond hairs guys with the same jersey as Jack and another blond guy matching Quinn with a Vancouver Canucks jersey.