N I N E - THE YEAR.

Although 2018 hadn't started out as being my year, y'know getting dumped by a hockey player really puts a damper on things, life slowly began to look up as the months without Jamie ticked by.

By the end of March, I had accepted the sad fact that Jamie wasn't going to come crawling back to me. And after spending days laid up on my couch, sobbing and sulking, I finally let my friends and family in to comfort me.

Jade and Sophia took turns checking in on me on their days off and my mom even drove up from Killeen to help soothe my heartbreak over a guy she had never even met. As my loved ones helped put my pieces back together things began to look up.

In April, I was accepted into TCU's Doctor of Nursing Practice program, which was a dream come true, one I never even shared with Jamie. Since the day I had passed the NCLEX and became a Registered Nurse I've wanted to pursue an advanced career as a pediatric nurse practitioner. The classes started up in August and in three years' time, I will officially be Greer Holden, DNP, FNP-BC.
•••

g.holden: back to school, back to school, to prove to dad I'm not a fool! I'm stoked begin nurse practitioner school at TCU! 🏥 #DNP #DrHolden #StillARaiderAtHeart
LOCATION: Texas Christian University
703 LIKES // 4 COMMENTS
• daneholden7: congrats sis!!!!
• rileyjames: DR. G IN THE HOUSE!!!
• hill.jade: I am SO proud of you babe!!
• taylorzakarin: OMG!! Congrats Greer 🎉🎉
•••
Sadly, in May my parents packed up their lives at Ft. Hood. Dane and I said goodbye to what little roots we had in Killeen, Texas, and the Holden family shipped off to Washington D.C. for a fresh start. I visited the city at the end of the month and although it was strange, not being in the South for the first time since I had lived in Germany, D.C somehow felt right for my Dad's next career move. He was happy in a new city, and in a new role, with my mom at his side, and that was all that truly mattered.

June and July were full of fun as summertime settled over Texas and I suddenly felt whole again. After all, nothing makes this southern girl happier than sunshine, water, and country music. I spent as many of my off weekends at the lake with the James' as I could, all of my days off at the pool in my complex, and my nights all over town raising a little hell with Soph, Jade, Riley, and Riley's good friend, Seth Jackson.

Seth, who was 100% college Greer's type, tall, dark, athletic, and handsome was also incredibly sweet and single. We had met for the first time on New Year's Eve, thanks to Riley (they work together in Agriculture sales) and we hit it off. He was friendly, and respectful, he knew I was fresh out of a breakup, and our friendship grew as the year progressed. We were true partners in crime, and a built-in double date for Riley and Sophia (which was Sophia's dream), but for some reason neither one of us ever made the first move that summer.
•••