𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒐 - 𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒎 𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒏

YOUR POV

YOUR POV

The sun shining through the trees made its way to my (e/c) colored eyes, causing me to squint and raise my hand over my eyebrows. The grey gym sweatshirt laid heavily on my shoulders and I could feel the sweat on my body wiping onto the fabric. Dear, God, I can't wait to take this off! Teens yelling and sneakers squeaking in the wet grass are the main sounds I could hear. Participating in kicking a red-rubber ball around was the last thing I wanted to do, so I looked to see if there was a spot open on the bleachers. The curly-haired girl from Mr. File's class was seated on the bleachers, next to the girl that Stanley ran up to yesterday. The curly-haired girl met my gaze and smiled while waving for me to come over. Shit, that probably looked so creepy.

   "Hey, (Y/n), right?" The girl asks when I'm close enough to hear her.

   "Yeah, that's me!" I awkwardly chuckle and look down at my mud-stained white sneakers.

   "I'm Dina, and this is Sydney! But, just call her Syd!" She says with another bright smile.

   "Nice to meet you both!" I return the smile and extend my hand. Dina shakes my hand firmly but playfully. Syd, on the other hand, softly shakes it, like she's afraid to hurt my hand.

   "Sit with us!" Dina scoots over and opens a seat between her and Syd, which I take.

   "So you're from New York City?"

   "Yeah, I lived there my whole life!"

   "That's so awesome! I've always wanted to visit there! Was living there like the show Jessie?"

   Suddenly Syd, who had been quiet the whole time, burst out laughing at Dina's question.

   "Dina, Jessie is a kids show, it's definitely not like that!" Syd chuckles.

   "I was just wondering! Jessie is the only frame of reference I have for what NYC is like!" Dina replies and leans over me to slap Syd on the arm. Syd raises her hand in defense and laughs again. Dina giggles and returns to how she was sitting before, I catch Syd's fingertips linger over where Dina touched her.

   "So, what's fun to do around here?" I ask.

   "Honestly, not much, but come with us after school! We know one fun place!" Dina replies and I smile at the invitation.

_____

   Briiinng! The last bell of the school day blasts through the halls and the kids practically kill each other trying to get out. On the front steps of the school, I straighten out my outfit that I was very thankful to be back in, I was not vibing with the gym clothes.

   A pair of hands grip my shoulders, and I turn my head to see Dina behind me.

   "Heyo!" She greets and jumps off the step she was on. I greet her and Syd in return. Syd just waves.

   "I love your denim jacket! I should have worn mine!" I take a moment to appreciate her perfect light blue denim jacket, and smile down disappointedly at my burgundy leather jacket.

   "Thank you! Haven't you heard? Denim is totally in," Dina giggles.

   After a few minutes of walking, we stumble upon a bland painted diner. The pair of girls head inside and jump into a booth. I follow in sheepishly, I've never seen a diner so empty and old fashion looking. Most of the diners in the City were very modern and busy.

   "Sit here," Syd pats the seat next to her and I happily take the seat.

    "Her mom works here so we get great discounts on the milkshakes!" Dina whispers over the table in a joking manner. Syd rolls her eyes.

   Right before I'm about to dig into my food after a few minutes of waiting, a boy in a varsity jacket sits next to Dina, in front of me.

   "Hey, babe!" He greets Dina and goes in for a kiss before she can respond.

   "Hey, Brad," she laughs as she pulls away, "you know Syd. And this is (Y/n), the new girl," she introduces Syd and I.

   Brad nods at Syd, who has a very uncomfortable expression on her face, and then he looks me up and down, topping it off with a smirk. I smile back, feeling as uncomfortable as Syd's facial expression.

    The rest of our time at the diner consists of Brad and Dina relentlessly flirting, and Syd and I watching awkwardly. I shrug my shoulders, it doesn't matter if they're ignoring me, at least I have a few people I now know and, thankfully, it seems like they like me! My thoughts are interrupted by Brad shouting loudly. I look up from my plate to see blood rushing down his face, like a faucet had been turned on inside his nose.

   "Holy shit!" I yell and jump up. Dina tells me to get napkins, which I quickly do and return them to her. I watch as Dina tries to help Brad, who is freaking out like a toddler, but out of the corner of my eye I see Syd not moving at all, with a very surprised face. She sees me glancing and immediately drops her face and then runs out of the diner.

   Dina doesn't notice, seeing as she's preoccupied with a bloody quarter back. I decide I should probably run after Syd and see if she's okay. Maybe she doesn't like blood?

   The bell above the diner door chimes as I throw the door open and run out. I look both ways and don't see Syd. Where the hell did she go? However, an array of blonde curls attached to a tall, lanky body catches my attention. Across the street, at the mini mart, I see Stanley getting out of his basically-broken car.

   I run across the street, causing a few cars to beep at me, which causes the blonde to look back at me.

   "Guess you were dying to see me?" Stan jokes when I reach safety a few feet in front of him.

   "Very funny," I pant, "have you seen Syd- uh the girl you were talking to yesterday, but you probably know her name, that was stupid of me to-" I have to stop to catch my breath.

   "Slow down, cowboy. What about Syd?" Stanley's face grows concerned.

   "I don't even know! We were eating and then Brad started bleeding, and then she freaked and left, I want to see if she's okay," I respond, still talking a million words a minute.

   "Oh- uh, she's probably fine. Probably freaked out by blood, ya know!" He stutters, but ends with a graceful smile.

   "Okay, that makes sense! Thanks, Stanley!" I finally take a breath and calm myself.

   "Just call me Stan,"

   "You got it...Stan".

a/n
i'm so thankful for the nice feed back and votes in just a few days, thank you! please vote or comment if you are enjoying so i know i should keep it up !!! thank you!!
— k.