𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 - 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒐𝒏

YOUR POV

YOUR POV

   Checkmate by Conan Gray blares through my small room as I toss every piece of clothing I have on my floral bed sheets. Making the perfect outfit for this party is a harder feat than I initially anticipated. In NYC, every party was filled to the brim with bright and bold outfits and you had to basically have a degree in fashion design to be well dressed for those parties. But, here? Yeah, I'm going to have to take it down a notch, or several.

   I want to look cute, but not stand out. Hmm, okay I can work with this. I get to work and end up with an aching back from picking up clothes off the ground for an hour.

   Finally, my work is done. I snatch my phone off my bed and tap on the Snapchat icon. A snapchat that I have been ignoring for a day at the bottom of my screen is first thing my eyes are attracted to. Probably because of who it's from. I groan and decide to ignore it some more. The pixelated name of "zachary m <3" makes me feel sick. Why the fuck did he text me, and why now, why not when all this shit was going down - when I needed someone. Why does he have to pull this when I'm finally getting better. I roll my eyes and go to Dina's contact. I smile at her cute Bitmoji and the fact that we already have the best friend emoji on Snapchat. I pose as cute as I can in the mirror and snap a picture to send to her.
Within seconds I get a response from her.

   I smile down at the cute picture she sent and tap out of it

I smile down at the cute picture she sent and tap out of it. Again, my eyes go to the blue text symbol on my screen. Whatever, it's whatever, (Y/n)! I try to shake the thoughts of what my ex-boyfriend could possibly want and run down the stairs.

"Where are you goin'?" My dad's head peeks up from the book he's reading.

"A party," I respond with a happy smile.

"You look pretty...you look like your-" he sighs, "you look beautiful"

I'm confused for a second, but I thank him and give him a quick hug before leaving.

_____

"What are we hangin' around here for? We have a party to attend!" I yell to the pair of girls as I approach them from behind.