𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 - 𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒉 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒓

YOUR POV

YOUR POV

   The week passes by quickly, and suddenly it's Friday. I sigh heavily and thank whatever higher power is out there for helping me get through this week. This week has been hectic to say the least; from having piles of work to do, to meeting some awesome people, and quarterbacks randomly bleeding.

   Francesca's leather car seat makes a squishing sound as I jump onto it. Please let today go by smoothly so I can have a relaxing day, I deserve it! I mentally say a prayer to let today be calmer than the craziness of the past week. While Fran adjusts the radio, I see my dad swing the front door of our house open.

   "Hey," I say flatly, rolling down the window.

   "You forgot this-uh, yeah," My dad says while handing me a paper bag lunch.

   "Aw, dad, thanks. But, I'm gonna pack my own lunches from now on!" I say as sweetly as I can.

   He nods, a dark five o'clock shadow can already be seen forming on this face. I lean over and kiss his cheek quickly, he looks surprised but smiles back. He's taking the move, the new job, the new house, and the new death hard. We all are.

_____

   Syd, Dina, and I are walking to lunch when I feel the water I drank out of boredom during Mr. File's class hit my bladder.

   "Hey, guys, save me a spot at the table!" I exclaim and run off in the direction of the bathroom. They call something out, but I don't hear them.

    I push the bathroom door open after I'm done and head for the water fountain. As I approach, a boy getting a drink picks his head up from the stream of water. The golden curls and goofy smile give it away, Stan.

   "Hey, (Y/n)!" He greets, "I haven't seen you in a hot second"

   "Yeah..." I trail off, remembering the last time we talked was when I was panicking to find a runaway Syd. Who, thankfully, was just freaked out by blood, like I thought. So, nothing weird there!

   "Graphic tee tucked into corduroy pants, good combo," he compliments my outfit, giving me a quick up and down, making me blush slightly.

   "What can I say! I have pretty good style,"

   "Yeah, sure. Mine is still better though," he responds in a snarky voice accompanied by a smirk, my cheeks become red again. What the hell? Calm down, (Y/n).

   "Okay, whatever helps you sleep at night!" I try to get the last word in as I turn on my heels and walk to the lunch room. I would be lying if I said I was just trying to have a dramatic exit. As I walked down the halls I brought my hand up to my cheek to feel heat dancing on my skin. What is going on with me?

   "Please! I'll do any- oh, hey, you're back!" Dina cuts herself off to greet me as I approach the table.

   "Help me convince Syd to come to Brad's party tonight! Oh, and you're coming too, (Y/n)!"

   "No! Help me convince her to have a girls night and watch movies with us tonight!" Syd interjects.

   "I don't know, the idea of a party does sound pretty fun!" I say sheepishly, causing Dina to yell in excitement and hug my shoulders.

   "Yes, yes, yes! Okay, (Y/n), I will take on the task of getting Syd ready. You just meet us at Brad's house at nine! I'll text you the address," Dina lays out the plan and I agree, Syd pouts looking extraordinarily upset.

   The rest of the day goes by pretty fast, excitement for tonight bubbles in my stomach. It was finally all feeling better. This is normal. Everything is normal. No more "new kid" status, Dad is getting a little better, and no more bleeding football players. Three normal teenage girls going to a house party, what could go wrong!

an
so sorry for the short chapter and lack of updates. i've started online school because my school is closed and it is very time consuming. i hope you all are staying safe. please stay home if you can, i love you all please stay safe
— k.