Chapter 1

(One week before Keira's kidnapping)

Keira had to find a way, sitting in her bedroom at the pack house, she went over the previous few days' events. She, her oldest brother and his friend, had travelled to another pack and she had met her mate. But because she had an overprotective family, she had not said anything. Agreeing with her mate, that they would find a way to meet up again and complete the mating bond, that way her family could not come between them.

Logically speaking, she knew that her family, could not do anything about her finding her soul mate and that her parents would support her. But her mate feared that because there was tension between their packs, her family might try to sway her decision and force her to reject him.

She loved her big brothers, they had always been there for her, albeit sometimes frustratingly too overprotective. And she could understand that, she was after all the baby of the family and the only girl.

But, this was one time that she needed to make her own decision and she didn't want to lose her soul mate. Grabbing her cell phone, she texted a message to her best friend, the only person she knew she could confide in and who she knew would help her.

"What's up bestie!" Megan, her best friend asked, as she sauntered into Keira's room, "I got your SOS! And I came as quickly as I could, without getting any speeding tickets."

Keira quickly sprung up, running to the door, checking to see if anyone was there, before closing and locking the door. Grabbing her friends hand and sitting down on the bed, "You've gotta promise me that you will keep a secret." She whispered out, staring into her best friends eyes, holding onto her hands tightly.

"Chill girl. You've known me since we were in diapers." Megan responded.

Relaxing slightly, Keira could only nod in agreement, Megan and her had been friends since their diaper days, always sticking up for one another.

Standing up, Keira began to pace, wondering how she would begin, finally taking a deep breath, she looked at her friend, who sat patiently waiting for her to speak.

"I found my mate..." Keira rushed out.

Megan was stunned for a second, then jumped up in joy, squealing. Grabbing Keira in a tight hug, "That is wonderful!!!"

Keira enjoyed her friends hug for a moment, but then stepped back, "But there is a problem and I need your help..."

"Did he reject you?"

"No!" Keira exclaimed.

"Then what is the problem?" Megan asked, still out of the loop.

And that's when Keira explained to her who her mate was and the situation and what they had decided to do.

Each girl sat quietly, thinking how to overcome this obstacle.

"I might have a solution..." Megan spoke, breaking the tension filled silence.

"What?"

"You know that club on neutral land, the one we often go too on Friday nights. What if we said we were going there and you can then arrange to meet your mate and then both of you sneak off, before anyone realises what has happened, the deed will be done." Megan spoke conspiratorially.

Keira jumped upexcitedly, "You're a genius!"