Ch: 37

It was Afternoon but the sky was clear, spread over our head as a striking bright blue sheet, warm sunlight basking the earth soothingly. It was winter so the sun wasn't that hot. It was warm and pleasant. There was a person sitting on the chair with folded legs, drowned in the book in her hand. When you get closer to her you will see her head was loosely wrapped in a scarf. She wore a mustard hand-knitted sweater which reaches her mid-thighs over acid wash jeans, socks and comfortable pumps which she had taken off to fold her legs up on the chair. It was Ayesha, sitting on the chair alone in the lawn of the mansion reading a book with full concentration. She was so deeply in that book that she didn't even felt a presence in front of her until Hadi cleared his throat. She lifted her head and scoffed.

" Wow, you are so happy to see me," he said with a charming smile, which prominent the dimple on his left cheeks.

" You should be glad that I didn't choke you. I was so engrossed, you break my trance." after placing the bookmark she shut the book on her lap. She was genuinely unhappy.

" Thank you for being so merciful. " he grinned while teasing her. She glared at him. Her eyes blazing fire.

"Mr Hadi please tell me what brought you here to destroy my peace? " she said putting her legs down, over another.

" Nothing, I saw you sitting peacefully so I just thought to tease you. Nothing else," he said casually while plucking his cuticles. He didn't look at her because he knows if looks can kill he was dead by now.

" Ah! You are impossible, Abdul Hadi Zakir. " she groaned throwing her head back. He fights back the smile which was threatening to escape but he knew if she saw how much he is enjoying she will bury him alive.

" Which book are you reading? " he leaned and snatch it from her lap before she can pull it away from his reach.

" Forty rules of love, I see," he said with a teasing smile checking the cover. She stood up and snatched it away from him and hit it on his head. The hit was totally unexpected his mouth hung open.

" Stay in your limits. " she snapped turn on her heels and walk away. He remained seated there looking at her retreating back going further and further away from him.

Now she was so cross with him.
___________________

Dawood's PoV

I was talking to Uncle Yamen when Wardah joined us. I nod at her as a greeting as she stands between us.
All the arrangements were done in the hall but I was outside with Uncle Yamen attending the guest and keeping a check on everything. Even though there were many reliable people but I have to be attentive so there wouldn't be any mishap and event go smoothly. It was a big day for my family.

" Asalam o Alaikum, Uncle. You have turned more handsome. " she greeted him cheerfully. He smiled at her politely. Turning towards her.

" Walaikum Asalam, Wardah. Look at yourself so grownup and beautiful. " he praised her kindly and she grinned.

" Thank you Uncle, How is everything? Where is Choti Nano? " She asked him as formalities.

" She must be with Asfandyar Uncle, they are sitting with Daniyal's In-laws," he told her. She nodded.

" How are your Masters going I heard you are doing masters in Analytical Chemistry? " he said with amusement, excitement, and pride in his voice for her. Indeed I was amused and impressed, too. You will find less girls playing with chemicals and chemical equations.

" it had not begun, let's see how it treats me. The program is for two years, will start from July In sha Allah. " She said in a sophisticated manner, humbly.