Chapter 7: Dullahan

Dullahan: Why haven't you come to the castle?! You wretches!

Kazuma: What? Why? These two ^pointed at you and Megumin* are not firing explosion magic at you anymore...

Dullahan: Not firing it at me, you say? That's a barefaced lie! *he throws his head in anger and tried to catch it* That crazy crimson demon girl *pointed at Megumin* is still coming to my castle every single day!

Kazuma: Huh?!

He looked at Megumin but she turned her head away. Kazuma started to pull her cheeks

Kazuma: You?!

Megumin: Ow! That's not it! Please hear me out! *blushing* Until now, I've been able to settle for unleashing my magic on empty plains, but since I learned the allure of using magic attacks on a castle, well...                                                                                                                                                                             Now I need something big and hard, or I just can't endure it.

Y/N: Don't say that while fidgeting! I was the one who was going with you everyday so those words are making me feel weird! 

Megumin: Huh? *realizing what she just said* *face red like a tomato* No! I didn't mean something like that you perv! Baka! 

Y/N: You said that!

Kazuma: *looking at you with a death stare* You?!

Y/N: *nervous laugh* Eheheh you see...

Kazuma: Why?!

Y/N: We can't get any worthwhile quests because of him and he cursed Darkness!

Purple aura went through the crowd like a wind when Dullahan was saying his next words

Dullahan: Hear me, fools. My name is Verdia. This isn't the only thing I'm deeply offended by. Did you not have the backbone to seek retribution for your ally's death?! I may be evil now, but in life, I strove to be an upstanding knight. In my opinion, *his eye glowed red* allowing the death of that crusader, a model knight who protected her ally and received my curse, to go to waste is simply- What? *he saw Darkness walking from the crowd*

Darkness: G-Gosh, um... A model knight?

Dullahan: H-Huh? What?! You're... alive?

Aqua: What's this? Was this Dullahan waiting for us the whole time with no idea that we easily dispelled his curse after he left? *laughs*

You were trying to hold your laugh but failed and both of you, Aqua and you, were laughing together

Aqua: That's hilarious! Super hilarious!

Dullahan: I-If I felt like it, I could massacre every inhabitant of this city! 

Aqua: You're awfully cocky for an undead! *she prepared her magic*

Dullahan: Do you think a beginner adventurer's magic can- 

Aqua: Turn Undead!

Dullahan: *painful screaming*

Everybody: Oooh *awe*

Aqua: Hey, Kazuma, this isn't right! It's not working!

Kazuma: No, it looked pretty effective to me. He went "Gah!" and all.

Dullahan: *panting* Are you really a begginer?

Aqua: Well yes but actually no.

Dullahan: Isn't this city a gathering place for begginers? F-Fine, then. There's no need for me to fight you myself.