11 ~ The Elevator Conundrum

Taylor scoffed and crossed her arms. "You are such a dick."

"Oh, fuck off."

Taylor frowned, glaring at him. She didn't give a shit anymore about the fact the team was watching the two of them, the team captain, and the first aider, arguing. Most were staring with wide eyes, stunned at the words coming out of their mouths.

"You can't act all upright and mighty. At least say it to my fucking face."

He spun on her and took two steps so he was a foot in front of her, looking down at her. "Alright, you're a bitch and you're full of yourself," The corner of his mouth twitched slightly downwards as if he didn't quite believe it himself, but he was too far in now to stop. "And you are too dense to understand when you are acting like you're above everyone."

Taylor huffed, and shoved him back, placing both hands on his chest and pushing him away from her, ignoring the taut muscle beneath his shirt that she had just touched without thinking. "That's rich coming from you," She responded. "You act like you have morals just to avoid your problems."

Nasir let out a dark chuckle, and he tilted his head upward, flicking his tongue across lips. "You're digging yourself a hole, and you're doing that thing again."

"What thing?" She demanded.

"The thing where you go too far."

"You started it, asshole!"

He made a face at her, also apparently ignoring the boys that were dead silent. Nolan's mouth was open in surprise, and out of the corner of Taylor's eye, she could see Jacob tap him, making him close it. "Did I? Or are you just avoiding it?"

Taylor scowled at him, crossing her arms over her chest. "You're a horrible person."

He leaned forwards slightly, a small smirk on his face. "And you're a bitch."

"What is going on?"

The two of them both snapped their gaze to Taylor's uncle, who had just stepped into the change room and had apparently heard enough to anger him, as his face was red. Taylor could vaguely remember Clara doing the same thing when she was angry.

"You two stay," He barked, staring icily at Nasir and Taylor. "The rest of you are free to go. I'll see you tomorrow morning, early."

They filed out of the change room, Jacob giving her one last nervous glance before the door cut off his face. Taylor slumped against the wall, not taking her eyes off Nasir.

Coach walked towards them, a small red poppy pinned onto his chest. "What the fuck was that?"

When neither of them responded, he sat across from them. Taylor clenched her fists, her nails biting into her palm.

"We aren't leaving until one of you tells me what that was about, so you better hurry up." He snapped.

Taylor dropped her gaze to the ground, before looking back up at her Uncle, who had an unimpressed face on. Nasir was still looking at the ground, avoiding the problem as usual. Taylor scoffed and rolled her eyes. Fine, she'd break.

"He called me a bitch."

Her uncle raised an eyebrow and turned to Nasir who had let out a small noise of amusement at her. "Did you call her a bitch?"

Nasir nodded. "Yes I did, but only after she had been making comments about my apparent lack of skills in anything."

Taylor ducked her gaze to the floor, embarrassed. She hadn't realized he had overheard her talking to Isaac and Nolan.