21 ~ No More Hockey

"He got extremely mad at me for the first ten minutes, and then cried a bit, and then hugged me and we made up."

Taylor twisted in the front seat to look at Clara, who was sitting in the back. "That simple?"

"Yeah. He got mad at me for not telling him about it happening and cried because the world is cruel and tries to take advantage of people, and then told me it wasn't my fault."

Aubrey hummed. "That's better than I thought."

Clara nodded. "Me too, honestly. I thought I was going to be grounded for the rest of my life. Oh, and he thinks he knew what drug it was that Jamie gave me."

Aubrey and Taylor both glanced at her with a curious gaze.

"It is new on the North American market and it kind of plagues Europe. My dad called it confetti salts."

Taylor turned the corner onto a quiet street of town, where only one house was lit up, leaking flashing lights all over the lawn. "How'd you convince him to let you come to the party?"

She shrugged in the mirror. "I may or may not have told him."

Aubrey sighed. "You best hope you don't get caught."

Clara scoffed. "Caught? Me? I am sneaky enough that I could steal government files without anyone noticing."

"You mean that dusty paperwork from your dad's office?"

Clara shrugged. "Same thing."

Taylor pulled to a stop a little way down the road. "Jacob is hopefully already here. I think he was helping Nolan set everything up, just remind me that I have to take him home with me."

Aubrey shot Taylor with finger guns and she rolled her eyes. She stopped the truck and paused in the front seat.

"Are you ready to do this?" Clara asked, leaning forward from the back seat.

"Not in the fucking slightest."

"You don't have to tell him," Aubrey suggested. She was wearing a pale purple shirt and dark jeans, both of which accented nicely with her loosely curled brown hair. "Just leave it for another day."

Taylor shook her head. "I can't do this anymore. I can't just sit there and watch him and not tell him. It isn't fair to either of us. Plus, the amount of times he has caught me staring at him is making him suspicious."

Clara gave her a thumbs up. "Okay, we will be ready to leave at a moment's notice if need be."

Taylor nodded and clenched her hands in her lap. Every part of her body was trembling with nervousness. All she had to do was tell him. Spit it out. Just tell him.

She shook her head in nervousness, and opened her door, stepping out of the truck and onto the snow-covered road. "Come on, let's go before I vomit."

The three girls linked arms and walked up to the door, stepping inside.

"Jesus," Taylor murmured. "I swear these parties keep getting bigger."

Clara nodded her agreement and handed her a bottle of water. "Here."

Taylor rolled her eyes, but accepted it, and hummed as Clara grabbed one for herself.

"Ready?" Aubrey asked.

Taylor shook her head. "I am very much not ready."

Clara laughed. "Well, too bad that Aubrey and I are. Go get him, you awesome bitch."

Taylor glared at her as the two vanished into the throng of people that were spread throughout the large expanse of the house. She looked around at the crowd, searching for Nasir's face, but to no resolve.