3-Something funny ?

A late and particularly rainy Friday afternoon made for an extremely boring fourth lesson

A late and particularly rainy Friday afternoon made for an extremely boring fourth lesson. The fact that it was only 20 minutes into English was just adding salt to the wound and dampening your mood. This lesson was a particularly boring one, it wouldn't have been as bad if Mr Murphy was reading, because let's face it, you could listen to that shit on repeat (as much as you hated to admit it). But he was doing one of those class reading things and you immediately lost interest.

"Right class. Let's turn to where we left off please. Anyone wanna volunteer to read. Colin ?" As the class listened to the reading, your mind was elsewhere. Currently it was betting on which rain drop would make it to the bottom of the window first when suddenly the image of being bent over the desk flashed into your head. Mr Murphy whispering comments, from behind, into your ear that would make any decent person pale. But you were quickly interrupted by your more rational thoughts. 'He's the enemy remember. You can't be dreaming about him like this if you're trying to hate him also the added fact that he is your teacher .' 'I understand that but you can't blame a girl for looking... or dreaming. Stop. No. Think non-sexy thoughts. Think non-sexy thoughts.' Your were once again interrupted but this time from a female voice next to you.
"God. Isn't he gorgeous." She whispered, her eyes locked on his figure.

You flicked your eyes from her face to his momentarily then back to hers. He was currently sat on the edge of his desk with one hand holding his book and the other crossed across his chest. His left leg stood on the chair in front of him. Scoffing quietly at her blatantly obvious look of thirst, you replied."He's nothing special." You mumbled, looking back at your book to try and find your place.

What you didn't know was that when you weren't looking Mr Murphy had been staring at you throughout the lesson. Luckily no one had caught him yet but he had watched your interaction with the girl next to you and the face of concentration you pulled while you flicked through the book lost. As annoying as he found you, he had to admit you were very attractive. He wasn't sure you were aware but you could be very alluring without realising and it was going to come back to bite him in the ass one day. The way your eyes looked at him the other day, during your incident he had been admiring the length and thickness of your eyelashes and how you batted them unintentionally. How you had puffed your chest out while you talked, his eyes had kept wandering too far down than a teachers should have. 'Stop it Cillian. Pull yourself together.' In this time he had gotten uncomfortable in his position settling for a stroll around the classroom, picking out more readers as he went along.

As you followed along with the readings, just above your book you could see a pair of black suede shoes come to a halt in front of your desk. You followed the length of the body attached stopping when you came eye to eye with him. He looked at you with a raised eyebrow, catching sight of how you ogled him. You just squinted your eyes at him in defence and lifted your eyebrows momentarily as you looked back at your work, breathing in, uncomfortably. His lips twitched into something resembling a smirk, keeping his eyebrow raised, he looked back at the book.

"Okay thanks Leah, you can stop there." He said scratching his upper lip. "Right. If you could all get out your poetry booklets, I'm gonna have to give you an assignment for the weekend." A collective of groans and complaints filled the classroom, making Mr Murphy puff out a quick breath which he then followed with a tired response. "Look guys. I have to set you some homework or I'll get fired." His tone resembling how fed-up the class seemed. "So can you now please turn to page ... uh where is it." He murmured to himself. "Right. Turn to page 69."

*snicker*

You buried your face into your book more, bringing your fingers up to your lips in an attempt to muffle your sounds.

"Something funny?" An Irish brogue inquired. You looked around the class to find all their attention on you and Abbie looking at you with a subtle fury. You looked at her in confusion till you looked up to meet the pair of inquisitive blue eyes looking straight at you. You straightend in your chair, scoffing in bewilderment. "Well. It needs no explanation. I mean ..." you replied, looking at Abbie quickly for some sort of assistance or backing up. Obviously you weren't going to get that so you turned back to sir seeing him now slide his hands forward to his knees as he sat on the desk in front.

You were just now noticing how close he was when he added. "In case you didn't notice Y/N, no one else laughed so I think this joke needs a bit of explaining." He breathed. Gulping slightly at the proximity, you plucked up your courage to continue this gag. Leaning your elbows on the desk, you brought your hands up in front of your face to demonstrate as you replied "Well you see. Basically you said 69 and in the world of sexual intercourse that's a certain position many people enjoy, dont we all." You added cheekily, sarcasm shining through your words. "It's where the man and women do like a 180..." using your hands to demonstrate while you rambled, the class laughed at your display.  With squinted eyes, he quickly interrupted before you could elaborate. "Yeah. That's enough for now miss l/n." Nodding his head sarcastically. "Are you sure?" Pouring for extra effect. "I could always throw in an extra lesson if you need further explanation. I've got diagrams and everything." Your smirk pushing through towards the end of your speech and your eyes widening in excitement. He narrowed his eyes at you which only widened your smirk into a grin.

Inside you were betrayed by your own thoughts when another image appeared. This time, you and Mr Murphy in the aforementioned position. Blushing profusely at the thought and blinking in attempt to clear your vision. Cillian caught sight of your now red complexion and your fallen smirk making the corner of his lips twitch slightly. He had an inkling of what had caused your blush only because similar thoughts were rushing through his head. So much so that he had to walk over to his desk and sit down as casually and quickly as he could to cover his, now, slightly tight trousers. He sat behind the desk clearing his throat and running his hand through his hair a few times until he trusted his voice enough to continue. "Anyway, As I was saying if you could use the poem on that page to answer the questions in your revision booklet that'd be great. It's due Monday by the way so get cracken'." Avoiding the look of any students; he quickly busied himself with any papers on his desk as the sound of the bell saved him. He sighed in relief as the students filed out of the classroom. Leaning his head in his hands, he jumped when the sound of your voice called from the door. "Those demonstrations are still on offer by the way." Looking up at you with furrowed eyebrows. "Free of charge." Winking at him with a smile, you swayed out of the door. He gulped, letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding. Rubbing his eyes, he whispered. "What are you doin' man. Get a hold of yourself." He was going to have trouble keeping up professionalism for a whole year. The same could be said for getting a good nights sleep later on.