14- How to kill a mocking bird

I'm so sorry you guys. I know it's been too long and I appreciate all the comments and votes that's this story is getting. We're almost a 5k and I am very happy so I thought it was about time for another update.

No matter how crummy.

Continue to comment and all that jazz. They make my day :)))
-

Monday morning, all of your excitement had been confirmed with what you might call a "cherry on top". Turns out, Abbie's news was in fact correct, Mr Murphy had organised a trip for your class to the museum of all places. For an English class it was a ...questionable choice of an outing. Not that you were complaining, any validation to leave the school from the school was worth taking.

Apparently the class had shared your enthusiasm for "education" outside of the conventional learning area, as they were all currently trying to be tamed by the not-so surprised trip leader. He looked over the boisterous crowd with what could be recognised as a smirk pulling at the corner of his mouth. You could tell he was trying his best not to laugh but once he spotted you, he had to look away while shaking his head in an attempt to hide the escaped laughter. This, in turn, caused a few giggles to slip from yourself.

The rest of the lesson, after Cillian had managed to settle the class, was spent in a calm state. We continued or reading, Cillian doing the majority as he recognised that we were all to preoccupied with other details to possibly pay attention. Once the bell sounded he spoke up, "Right guys ! I just wanna remind you that your permission slips are due in next lesson, don't forget." He continued to trail each row, collecting the books when another thought popped into his mind. "OH ! And guys also don't forget, your homework is also due in tomorrow so you better sort that out, those of you who have not!" He finished with looks of knowing aimed towards certain people, packing away.

As the class quickly emptied, you put your final books in your bag as you looked up to see him walking towards his desk with his back to you. You heard a cough from the doorway to see Abbie and Tyler waiting impatiently with raised eyebrows on their heads. Chuckling internally, you mouthed a silent "Go, it's fine." Giving them a subtle nod and continuously pretending to 'pack away', you spotted Abbie dragging Tyler from his bag straps from the room and out of sight.

Smiling at your friends peculiar yet typical behaviour , you forgot the purpose of you being in the classroom still. That was until you heard the familiar voice ring. "Signed your permission slip already miss L/N? I can tell someone's eager." Looking up, you simply responded with a sarcastic smile "Eager for what?". The man tilted his head with a look of disappointment and amusement all in one, and with that he responded "Try to remember we're in public.". You were seemingly unfazed by his dismissal, simply rolling your eyes playfully at his attempts of professionalism. "Awww, you say the most romantic things." He looked back at you, letting out a deep chuckle.
"The museum huh ?"
"Huh ?" He repeated.
"The museum, not exactly the stage of profound knowledge of literature."
"A museum is an extremely profound stage of knowledge." He stated, matter-of-factly.

As he took a seat at his desk, you gave him a look as if to say "Whatever maaaannnn." (In a less... cringeworthy way than how I wrote it.)   Under your breath, you muttered a sour
"Your a profound pain in the ass."
"What was that?" He asked politely.
Wandering over to his desk, meandering towards him, you quickly covered for yourself  . "I said, how was your weekend?" You asked, this time with sincerity. He looked up at you while a calm sigh left his lips, stroking his jaw with the back of his hand. "Quick, a lot of marking, a lot of tv and a lot of coffee." You hummed in acknowledgment, collapsing into the seat adjacent, letting out a huff as you connected with it. "Sounds delightful." mocking subtly. "Oh it was." He replied with equal amounts of mockery.

A sudden wave of shyness cams over you as a thought popped into your head. "Sooooooo.... I hear Miss Perkins will be in attendance." You twiddled with your fingers, focus on them when you looked up to see the pair of blue eyes looking at you with confusion. He stared at you with a bemused look, replying after hesitation. "Yessssss."

You sucked your teeth, nodding your head slowly as you digested the information.  He viewed the sour look on your face when it finally clicked in his head causing a sly smirk appear on his lips. "You're jealous." Your eyes flicked up to him with something resembling fire lying behind them. You were stunned into silence momentarily as you gawped at his 'accusation'. 

" I.... am NOT and I... will NEVER be" Pausing to even attempt to get the word out. He leaned forward in expectance. A shit-eating grin across his mouth as he attempted to mouth it out for you. "You're not ?"

"Je-Jealous." You added a little shiver at the end to highlight your point and maybe just for the added dramatics but he didn't need to know about that little detail. "Okay, I believe you." He leant back into his chair, nodding his head slowly with a charming wink just to stir the pot. You mocked his expression, pulling a false compassionate one. "Aww yeah, yeah you believe me." Quickly dropping your face to flip him off simultaneously. He feigned shock as he pointed at you sternly. "I could give you a detention for that, inappropriate language and towards your teacher ?" .

You looked off to the side with a smile, letting your back hit the chair. You allowed a smirk to replace it as you looked back at him. "You promise?" Raising your eyebrows suggestively. Cillian shook his head as he laughed and turned his attention to his computer to attempt to do some work. With his unsatisfactory response; you got up, slinking over behind his chair and stretching your arms down his torso with feline grace. He raised an eyebrow as he felt your breath fan the back of his neck, the view of you entering his peripheral vision. "'Cause I think that...lately I've been a bit out of line." You let your lips ghost the space behind his ear and noticed the row of goose bumps appearing on his neck brining a proud smirk to your face as you brought your lips towards him again. Before they could make contact with his skin, he brought his hand up to hold yours together and lift them up and over his head. As the pair of you both made cute and humorous sounds of protest you were quick to remove yourselves from each other when the door handle, creaked, down. There was a ten-foot gap between you as you practically leapt back and Cillian organised himself quickly. You both looked at the door wildly, like deer caught in headlights when you were met with the face of your shared friend. 

Mr Hardy.

His attention was down towards the books in his hands, "Hey Cillian ? Did you get that new notice from-" He looked up from his book, noticing you were there also and saw the looks on both of your faces causing him to frown in confusion. "What ?" His eyes flicked between each of you, while a look of worry appeared in his eyes as if he  were the guilty culprit. You cleared your throat, re-composing yourself and sucking in a breath. You sped over to your bag next to Mr Hardy and slung it over your shoulder, sensing both eyes on you as you did. Walking towards the door, you paused in front of the broad man to inspect him as casually as you could appear. Slightly breathless, you pointed towards his chest "You 'gotta bit of lunch there." He looked down with a frown to the ketchup stain you were pointing and staring at with a nervous face. As he groaned and focused his attention on it, you took this as your opportunity to  disappear from the scene without him noticing. 

"Than- Where'd she go?"

Cillian felt his heart slow as a huge breath escaped his lips. Collapsing into the back of his chair with relief.

-

Again, I am so very sorry for the long delay. Hope it's not too disappointing of a wait. 

Adios.