13- What it comes down to - Chinese or Indian ?

No Cillian here unfortunately, Kinda just a filler but hey ! Be proud of the fact I finally updated. With this out the way I might be able to get my creative juices flowing.

Also, for some reason I can't add any YouTube videos to my stories so I'll just have to recommend one. For this chapter I used
Eyes blue like the Atlantic

I have some of my playlists on Spotify available if you feel like listening while you read. If you type in 'in a mood' it should come up with a playlist that has a neon pink sign as the picture. Click on it and my profile .Ella.Bella. Should be there. Then feel free to browse through multiple playlists that are public on that account.
-

Your bags were thrown into some part of your room as you were to focused on collapsing onto your bed. As soon as your head it the mattress below you, a long and tired sigh left your mouth and filled the room. Staring at the ceiling, you were quickly reminded of the unopened text message from earlier. It simply read...

- I'll practice.

Not bothering with a response, you let your phone flop to the bed next to you as you daydreamed for a while. Slowly the image of two blue orbs appeared above you, gradually coming more into focus. However, your vision was interrupted not long after by a notification.

From Abs

-Have you heard the news ?

-No, tell me.

- The school sent an e-mail out to the parents, the English departments organising a trip for next week.

-what for ?

- I think we're gonna see a play... I can't remember which one but it's in the e-mail.

-Who's taking us then ?

-I think Mr Murphy... I think. But i think Perks is going too.

- that woman doesn't even teach English ... now that I think about it...I don't think she does teach

- just cause you don't get along, doesn't mean she's not good at her job

-which one ? over reacting to most things I do or part time teaching

-she's full time 😒

- that's funny, cause she only seems to be teaching decently, part of the time 😏

- Childish

- *Factual

-Anyways, me and Ty were talking about a movie night some time next weekend. Possibly Friday. You up for it ?

- Abso-FRICKING-lutely Abigail.

-I really hate you sometimes

-that's a lie

we all know you hate me all the time.

-*Factual
~

Dinner made for quite a peaceful ordeal since your brothers were both out with your dad down the pub for the game. Usually these things took all night since a win required a few drinks in celebration... It was the same with a loss as well. But it was just you and mum tonight and you planned to take advantage of that.

You sat at the kitchen counter as your mum stood at the opposite side of it, aimlessly. "Why don't we just get take away ?" You offered whilst nibbling on a carrot stick. She scrunched up her face as she let out a little "meh." You looked at her, leaning forward slightly as you mocked "I'm sorry .. was that... was that a yes? Or was it even English?"  She rolled her eyes at you and you guessed she relented since she picked up her phone. In a tired yet humorous voice, she offered. "Chinese or Indian ?" You smirked as you repositioned on your stool, "So that WAS supposed to be a word. Umm... let's go Indian. I feel like a curry."  Without looking away from the screen, she hummed in agreement "Mmm yeah." And with that she walked off to the front of the house to order.

You sat in peace, crunching on your little baby carrot as you thought of nothing in particular. When your mum came back, she went straight to the fridge pulling out a bottle she'd been working on individually the past two nights, finishing it off once and for all. You couldn't say you blamed her. "Mum ?" As she looked through the cupboard for a big enough glass, she hummed in response. "Mmmmm?" "You didn't happen to get an email from the school today, did you ?" She looked up in thought as she emptied the contents of the bottle. "Now that you mention it, I think I did. Why was it important?" You shook your head slightly as you added "Not really, it was just telling you about this trip the English Department are planning. I think they're taking us to see some play." She looked up in interest, "Oh really ? That sounds fun. Are Abbie and Tyler going ?" Shrugging, you replied whilst twisting the stool around. "I dont know yet but knowing them, they probably will. I think Abs is a confirmed case, it's just Ty." She sighed in contentment, leaving the topic.

When the food arrived, the pair of you ate in silence in front of the tv. You're mum and you couldn't decide between watching a new film or an old reliable one just to pass the time. But in the end people to tend to choose the familiar face over the stranger.

"Mum?"
"Mmm?"
The pair of you remained focused on the tv. "When did you have your first boyfriend?" She took a breath in as she thought. "Uhh, 17 ? Give or take." You looked slightly to the left of the room, towards your mum yet facing down to the floor. "Did you ever do anything... illegal at that age ? Or something you knew you shouldn't be doing ?" M/N looked at you with a soft expression, taking yours in. "No...why do you ask ?" You shook your head out of your daze looking up to her eyes to give her a reassuring smile. "Nothing. Just curious." She smiled slightly unconvinced, the both of you turning back to the screen. A few second later, however, M/N tilted her head to the side as she spoke up. "You know... now that I think about it.. I did once have a little fling with your aunts high school crush. He was 19... I was 17. I still haven't told her." You let the corner of your lips turn up slightly in a smile as she smirked to herself. Somehow you felt that she knew what you were going through.. call it mother's intuition. But no matter how much you trusted her, she couldn't know.
No one could.

This was gonna be harder than it looked. God ! SCREW SECRETS !
They reminded you of certain words told to you by a familiar face.

"Secrets and lies kill relationships. No matter how careful you are, you will get caught."

Fingers crossed, ay ?