t e n | family time

{ daija }

i lay on my husband, rodrick's chest as i watch him skim through netflix, trying to look for a movie to watch

i lay on my husband, rodrick's chest as i watch him skim through netflix, trying to look for a movie to watch. "baby, can you pick a damn movie already? please?" i said, annoyed. "daija, don't give me no attitude" he furrowed his eyebrows. i rolled my eyes, "you've been looking through the same shit for 10 minutes already" he sighed in defeat, "fine, you pick the movie then." he said, handing me the remote. i smiled in victory as i looked in the "action and adventure" section.

we were about to settle on a movie before we heard small footsteps come from the hallway. "ayanna? is that you princess?" roddy called out to our 4 year old daughter. her small body appeared in the doorframe, with one of roddy's "antisocial" shirts on. she looked just like me; the hair, nose, lips. and she had roddy's pretty hazel eyes. she yawned and slowly rubbed her eye, "mommy" she said lazily. "come here, mama" i cooed. she crawled on the bed and laid on the other side of roddy's chest as i kissed her forehead. "what's wrong" "can't sleep" she pouted. "watch frozen?" she asked roddy, pointing at the tv. "sure" he laughed, putting it on.

we were about halfway into the movie, and surprisingly roddy hadn't fallen asleep but was actually paying attention as he played with ayanna's curls. on the other hand, ayanna looked at the tv screen in awe, while she absentmindedly played with my wedding ring that say nicely on my finger.

this went on for a bit before roddy called out to me, "mama" he whispered

this went on for a bit before roddy called out to me, "mama" he whispered. "hm?" i said. i scrunched my face up in confusion when i realized that it sounded like somebody else answered him, too. i raised my eyebrows in realization that ayanna must've thought that roddy was talking to her. his chest vibrated as he let out a laugh, "i was talking to this one" he said, gesturing to me. "but you're my mamas too" he kissed her forehead. "no" she said, turning away from him. he paused the movie.

"don't be like that" roddy laughed. "you're my baby too" "ok" she said, turning back around. "gimme kiss" ayanna kissed his cheek before getting in between me and roddy. "our daddy" she said, nodding her head.

ayanna fell asleep on my breasts after we had finished the movie. roddy looked between me and her before speaking up, "man you see how she was ignoring me? she get that shit from you, fasho." i chuckled, "yeah, you're mine, nobody else's." he smiled at me before he pecked my lips and laid down on my stomach. i took a quick picture before i joined them, falling asleep.

////////
okay, i know this was super short y'all 😭 i wanted to give y'all a lil sumn bc i haven't updated in a min. i hate being that kind of person but run up my votes ! i get 300-400 reads and then get only a couple of votes. i'm grateful for all of my votes but cmon now. make sure to leave thoughts! 💙