twenty~seven!....

***

 His hand never left her waist as they walked into one of California's best restaurant that evening. It only seemed to grow tighter as people turned to stare at them. He knew that the stare of people made her quite uncomfortable and so, he made her know that she was not alone.

"Let me take you to your table sir," A waitress told him. It was like they awaited his arrival and immediately he made himself known, they came to him.

"Sure," Daniel said and they both followed the waitress down the hall.

Daniel pulled out a chair for her to sit before coming to sit before her.

"Such a nice restaurant. How did you find this kind of place?" Clarissa found herself asking.

He smiled. "It didn't take much from me because I actually own this place Clarissa." When she didn't reply he found himself looking at her.

She scoffed. "Are you joking or what?"

"Why would you think that I was?" He asked.

"So you own this place?" She tried her best to keep her face neutral but that look of surprise didn't go unnoticed.

"Yes, this was the first business I had on my own, without anyone's help."

"Wow, you have nice taste. This place is beautiful." That only made his ego grow further. "What else do you even own?"

"Alot. More than you can imagine and more to keep you wondering." He winked at her.

"Can I place your order sir?"

"What do you care for?" Clarissa was driven out of her trance only to find the two of them staring at her.

"Huh?"

Daniel chuckled. "Just give me your finest Juliet," He found himself saying.

"Okay sir," The waitress said before leaving.

"You look lost, is something wrong?" He asked and she shook her head.

"I'm trying not to get overwhelmed. I mean have you seen this place, the style is so classic and the best I have ever seen." She noticed a corky smile start to appear on his lips and she rolled her eyes of how oblivious she had been to his ego.

"Nice of you to let me know, love. I knew you were going to like it." She smiled.

"Thank you."

"For what, the night hasn't even began yet and you're already thanking me. If you're going to thank me properly, you should do it with a blow job or something-"

"Jesus Christ help your soul, must you be this annoying!" She grimaced before catching him stifling his laughter.

"I don't like you so far away from me. Here, sit next to me." He pulled her closer until she was just besides him. She yelped and covered her mouth just as the sound came out hoping it would earn her some stares but people seemed to mind their own business currently.

"Do you have to be so annoying all the time?" She found herself saying and he just shrugged.

Their orders came in now and they began feasting. He got her to try almost everything he ate. He made the waiter pour their drinks for them and he took a sip almost immediately.

"Try this one, it nice." She opened her mouth to his fork and took in the meal making sure to savour the taste properly. She nodded in approval.

"How well do you like paris?" He asked out of the blue. She paused for a while before sticking a fork cut of barbecued chicken in her mouth. She mushed on it slowly contemplating on his words.