twenty nine....

***

She groaned in her sleep but that didn't drive his attention away from the large glass window. She stirred, slowly waking up from her slumber.

She smiled when she remembered the events of last night before letting her eyes opened. She turned only to find the other side of the bed empty. This was not how she expected her morning after a mind blowing sex to play out. She looked around until her eyes landed on the figure that was staring out in space. She watched him for a while as he stood in front of the glass window. The day was still dark but she was guessing the time to be around 6 in the morning.

She sighed and sat up. "Why aren't you in bed? Is something wrong?" She pinched the bridge of her nose when she got no answer.

"When did you get up?" She tried again. Still nothing.

He was on nothing but a pair of trousers. His toned back was left to her display as he grip the cushion on which he leaned on softly.

"I've booked our flight. We leave for Canada tomorrow, you should pack."

"What? But It isn't even up to a week yet. Why so soon? Did something happen that I'm not aware of?" She frowned.

Not even sparing a glance at her, he said, "Nothing went wrong, I don't feel the need to be here anymore."

She threw her legs out of bed with the blanket hanging lose on her chest. "Tell me something, is this about my cousin?" 

"No," he answered immediately.

"Your mood changed immediately you saw her. It is about her, am I right?" 

He couldn't bear to see her think this way. When he finally decided against seeing her, she came to him unexpected. How would Clarissa bear the pain of knowing that, his real motive of accepting this business deal was just to find a reason to see her? He decided to see her, ask her why she didn't trust him enough to tell him she was in love with another man. But he thought how that would end up. It wasn't a good idea and so he decided against it. Right now, all he wanted was to have his happy ever after with the woman who he felt everything in the world for. 

"What's she to you still?" She paused. "Why do I have this feeling that you still feel something for her?" She frowned the more when he said nothing. She was going to far, for goodness sake. He needed her to trust him.

Trust, had a big definition.

"That's the reason why you got angry isn't it? You-"

"Stop asking stupid questions for Christ sake Clarissa and stop trying to meddle in my problems just stay out of it!" This time he turned to her with an expression she couldn't quite make out. 

Silence....

This whole time, she thought, for nothing.

She hesitated. This could only mean one thing. He was angry and he had been angry last night. She shook her head as her thoughts ran wild. Everything literally meant he never really intended to spend the night with her. She couldn't muster the courage to speak back when she noticed this itch, the tightening of her chest. She started off quickly to the bathroom shutting the door with a this behind her. 

"Cl-" He combed his hair in frustration before cursing out loud.

"Shit!!!"

___

She tied her hair in a rough ponytail. She hadn't spoken a word to him since then. She checked herself out before heading out of the door before him leaving him to stare at her retreating form.

Normally, they ate out and would head for work later but he didn't think he would concentrate today though. He had a lot on his mind lately. He put on his jacket before heading out too. 

___

"What would you like to have?" Daniel asked.

"Just coffee," 

"Just coffee?" 

"Yes nothing else, I'm not hungry." The waiter nodded and left them. Daniel dropped the menu on the table in frustration.

"What do you think you're doing? Do you think I'm going to allow you to starve yourself?" Daniel blurted out.

"Am not hungry." Was her reply. "I'm not in the mood to eat anything."

"I know you are, you should stop the act already." 

"Act?" She scoffed, "Did you just say that I'm acting?" 

Silence...

Becky cleared her throat but no one turned to look at her. Either way, she said something.

"I'll go make the orders fast." She scurried off noisily.

"Look Clarissa, I was really pissed off fuck it, I still am but I'm sorry okay? If only you could calm down a bit and we will-"

"Calm down? Am I supposed to calm down after you spoke to me that way hours after you met her? What am I to you?"

"Stop it, you know you are important to me."

"I doubt it," She rose to leave.

"You are making a scene. Rissa look, we should calm down before we talk about this."

She scoffed in annoyance. "Right and I will until then I don't want to see your face." With that, she walked away from the building. 

He combed his hair in frustration placing his elbow on the table. Becky came back placing the tray on the table but paused when she couldn't find her friend. She stared at her boss in pity. 

"You should just take a taxi and go pack, our flight leaves by 6:30 in the morning."

"Sir," she hesitated. "What about the contract, aren't you going to finish signing it?" 

"I'll be okay by myself. Just email the files to me and I'll take it from there."

___