TRANSMISSION 03 - WONPIL

We went out of the Medical Arts building and you were subdued. Upon closer look, your eyes were red and you had dark circles under them. How many sleepless nights did you have?

And on those nights, did you cry on your own?

"Pil, can't you do anything? Can't you alter this thread?"

"I wish I can. I'm still an intern..."

"BUT YOU'RE GIFTED! YOU CAN ACTUALLY ALTER THREADS - "

"SHHH. I can alter the threads, but the rest is up to youu WAAA -"

You grabbed me by my hoodie and looked straight into my eyes. Then you placed your head on my chest and whispered, "Please."

I'd do anything for you.

After I sent you home, I went back towards  the lab and headed towards my professor's office.

"Wonpil? Didn't I send you home?"

"Sir, this is about one of the students here in this Institute -"

"Park Sungjin, right?"

I nodded, looking at him questioningly.

"Well, you weren't the only one who visited me about him," he said as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"So you know what I'm going to ask."

"I'm already looking through the possibilities."

"And..?"

"After I tell you about it, you have to go home first and rest. It would require much on your part."

I listened to him, took down notes and asked him questions, but the magnitude of the task was beyond me.

"Sir... Could I really pull this off?"

"You would never know unless you try."

"Do I have your permission to try?"

"Within reason, Pil."

"But what we're doing goes beyond reason, sir. Thank you."

I bowed and rushed out of the Institute, calling you with my holophone, smiling to myself.

"Pil? What's wrong?"

"I just need to crash for a bit but we found a way... a way to save Sungjin."