TRANSMISSION 11 - SUNGJIN

It's been 2 months since I went to Wonpil's lab, 2 months of keeping my eyes  out for her, and suddenly her schedule's not making sense.

Did she change it?

I didn't memorize her schedule but it was familiar to me, like something I've known for a long time.

Working with Wonpil at the Dome Chamber didn't yield anything either, that guy just minded his business and kept to himself. He does constantly look at the motherboard deep in thought, as if something about it is bothering him.

"Anything I can do to help?"

Wonpil shook his head just as his holophone lit up.  When he saw who was calling, his eyes widened and he answered immediately.

  When he saw who was calling, his eyes widened and he answered immediately

"Something's up. Not giving justice invites negligence. In service, humans express resolute evolution." He abruptly ended the call and returned to the motherboard.

That didn't make sense but why does it make sense to me?

"Wonpil?"
"Hm?"
"Who were you talking to?"

His eyes widended at a pop up that flashed across the motherboard's interface.

"None of your business, Sungjin."
"It became my business when you told the caller 'Sungjin is here' in code," I said.

His eyes widened as he stared in disbelief. "How do you know that? You're not supposed to know that."

"I don't know, okay?!" I yelled, pounding at the motherboard. "Yes, Wonpil, that wasn't my first time when you helped me. But you... How do you know what things I'm supposed to know or not? And why are you and her so familiar? Why do I feel like there's something missing? And I'm losing sleep over this but why... Why am I having flashbacks of memories I don't remember having?"

I glared at Wonpil but he was once more back to his stoic, distant self. "Sungjin, there are some things that you are better off not knowing, and everything you asked are part of those things." He glanced at Jae who came running when he heard me shouting.

"I'll have you guys transferred out tomorrow," Wonpil said to the both of us

I grabbed Wonpil's collar and softly said , "Please. Let me know."

Wonpil removed my hands from him and coldly said, "I have nothing to say to you," and walked away, leaving me and Jae  behind.

"I'll... I'll talk to him," Jae said, running after him.