TRANSMISSION 15 - YOU

8 months. 8 months until I graduate, 8 months until the interns finish their training and leave. All I have to do is avoid Sungjin that long.

It's both so long and so short.

Where do I go from here?

Because all my future plans had Sungjin in it.

"Hey."

I turned, startled, because I knew that voice from anywhere

I turned, startled, because I knew that voice from anywhere. I glared at him because he was making it harder for me to do what I needed to do.

"Damn it, how do you keep finding me?"
"Meet me halfway," he smiled cockily at me.

How does he know that?

I gathered my things, about to go, but he grabbed my holonote.

"Give it back!"
"Not until you answer my questions," Sungjin said, glaring at me.
"Ugh, you're so annoying. Why can't you just leave me alone?!"
"You think I haven't tried? Everytime I sleep, your face pops in my mind and I haven't stopped dreaming of you since!" Sungjin yelled.

If there was one thing I forgot, Sungjin and I bickered a lot.

"Pffft," I snorted trying to hold my laughter but wasn't able to so I laughed at how confused Sungjin was. And the next moment I knew, Sungjin had wrapped his arms around me and was hugging me to him as I cried for all the memories we've been through, with only me remembering them. I should let go, but I found myself hugging him back, surrounding myself with his warmth and his scent. Sungjin being Sungjin hugged me tighter and we just stood there, hugging each other.

"Why does this feel so right? Have we done this before?"

Yes

Yes. We have. We hugged. We kissed. We fought, but we never made it last through the night. We fell asleep together under the cover of the stars. You cried with me when my mom left. We talked until the wee hours of the morning. I listened to your heartbeat as I laid on your chest, while you stroked my hair and whispered promises of forever.

And I believed them.
I still do.
I love you.

"It's okay. You cry all you want. I'll be here. I'll hold you - "

"'Til forever." He was surprised at first, then he nodded. Those were the words I said to him in the past multiverse when he couldn't take everything anymore.

He used his sleeves to wipe my tears away. "I don't know how, but I feel like I've known you for a long time."

You have. But you'll never know.

"Can we talk for a while? You can trust me, I won't hurt you," Sungjin said after I stopped crying.

I trust you with my life.