~43~ Step by step

~43~ Step by step

Hae Jin looked over at me and his smile began to shine. He shouted loudly into the room, "My God, Zhan is back to his old self. The Zhan that Seo Joon made of him. So strong, so confident. " And right away, all eyes were on me. "I guess we're getting our hurricane back now." He added, laughing heartily.

"Hurricane?" Yibo asked confusedly and looked at me calmly.

"Yes. He is not the calm and shy man that many consider him. He is bright, cheerful, humorous and lively. And he has an insanely infectious laugh." Hae Jin explained, which the others confirmed with a nod of consent.

"Well then, I'm looking forward to knowing this Zhan." Said Yibo and gave me a kiss on my cheek.

I too confirmed for myself what Hae Jin said. I feel like the Old Zhan again, who I became after meeting Seo Joon. The real me. And I also know that I owe this only to Yibo, his love and patience. But also Seo Joon's truly last gift to me. Which was nothing else than Wang Yibo! He made sure that Yibo came into my life and made me again, who I actually am.

After I saw the video for the first time, I suddenly felt relieved and free. It was as if a great burden had been lifted from me. Maybe because I could hear from Seo Joon himself that he wants me to be happy again. To see him say one last time and hear him say that he loves me. And the fact that he considers Yibo, as good enough for me.

Step by step Yibo had accompanied me for the last two months and helped me to free myself from my self-created captivity. Right now, I feel like I can fly. This is how liberated I feel.

***

A year later...

Yibo and I still live with my parents-in-law in the house and are fully integrated into the family. We feel comfortable with them and are not planning to move out. This is our home and will remain so. Only every now and then we take some time off and go to the apartment in the city center. Stay there for a few days and then go home again.

When Yibo and I were together for half a year, he gathered our families at our home and proposed to me. He got down on his knees and said: "I had planned a long romantic proposal where I wanted to tell you what I find so great about you and how much I love you. But when I look at you, how you smile, laugh and provide my heart with soothing warmth, then the long speech is forgotten and I just want to say, please marry me. Be mine today and also in the future, let us go hand in hand into the future from now on, as husband and husband. Zhan my heart, my love, my life, will you marry me?"

And before I could even reply, Yibo's mother fell around my neck crying happily and said, "At last you will be my son-in-law."

"Yes, Mom, but only if you let him answer." Said Yibo and everyone laughed.

I did not have to think long and decided to decide my answer just like everything else concerning Yibo. From my gut and listening to my heart. I looked at him and I said, "Yes, I will marry you Yibo." And then there was no stopping the flood of tears from Yibo's mother.

Just two weeks later, Yibo and I were married. Which was probably because three families were working together. Now I have my parents and two sets of in-laws. Although Yibo's parents are a little sad that we don't live with them.

My cousin Jiang Cheng and Hai Kuan are also married, and they live at home with Yibo's and Hai Kuan's parents. They work together as a family in the company and they will one day take over the company. While Yibo and I have also made a big leap.

We now work for and with the Parks. Side by side as CEO's we work together and will soon take the lead. My Park parents-in-law want to retire soon and do some travelling, see the world and enjoy their life.

Hae Jin and Jo-Tae are also no longer alone. Because finally a woman has succeeded in conquering the heart of Hae Jin. She looks a little bit like a female version of me. At least that's what everyone says. She cares lovingly for Jo-Tae and has quickly become a good mother to him. Hae Jin plans to propose to her soon.

And speaking of Jo-Tae, he visits us once a month. And then we drive to the race track where Yibo does his laps with him on his motorbike. It is a pleasure for both of them and they have a lot of fun doing it.

My therapy is also going very well and my psychologist is very happy with my development. I haven't had an emotional relapse for four months now. And after each session with him, I go to the bakery and visit the old lady. We talk about all kinds of things, but most of all about Jin Mi.

Jin Mi is back with us again. Seo Kyung and his wife were arrested five months ago and are facing life imprisonment. Since then, Jin Mi has returned to us and is now officially the foster child of Yibo and me. And thanks to two little sticks placed in Jin Mi's ears, she is a little angel according to her appearance.

Seo Kyung and his wife, have asked Yibo and me to adopt Jin Mi. This decision, however, we want to postpone it for a while and take our time.

In the role of a dad Yibo is completely absorbed as if he had been born to be a father. She follows me, her daddy as she calls me, around like a chick. And every day in kindergarten, she paints a picture for me that shows her, Yibo and me as a family. The teachers in the kindergarten are absolutely enthusiastic about her development and soon she will be able to attend an English kindergarten.

A month ago Yibo completed his Korean course with excellence and tries to speak only Korean during the day. In the company he is a highly respected person among the employees, because he took a Korean course on his own, thus proving his respect to all other employees.

All in all I would say that our life, especially as a couple, is just great. I enjoy every moment with Yibo and I have never even regretted getting involved with Yibo.