Chapter Six

Chapter Six
                              **********
"Do I have to?" I whined when James called me out to give Tunji a tour of the premises. I was a nervous wreck around that guy. James gave me a skeptical look, and I stood up immediately.

  Mr James Ololade was a man of few words, he's a strict one. His stares were enough to throw you off balance. He didn't entertain tardiness or flops of any kind, especially because the department we worked in was very delicate - any mishaps and we're done for. He had huge responsibilities in his hands, so I wouldn't blame him for being such a killjoy in spite of him being a young bachelor.

"I'll be on my way sir" I walked out of my office, a little bit flustered. I was going to see him again.
   I took the elevator again and headed straight for the CEO's office. Still nervous, I knocked as soon as I got in front of the well sculpted mahogany door and stepped in after being given permission.

  "Sir you sent for me" I said acting oblivious to the reason I was being sent for. The chair was turned back to me and I could tell something was off. From the look of things it wasn't Mr Wole sitting there, my doubts got cleared immediately the swivelling chair was turned in my direction.

Of course it was Tunji

I could tell cause there was an unusual calm in the office, unlike his father who was a chatterbox, at least with me though.

"Lola, right?" He said with a lovely accent, he was obviously a Yankee boy. I was flushed a little. A little bit pissed about the fact that he forgot my name so soon. Why did I even care?
  "Yes sir"I replied professionally. I didn't want to give him any wrong ideas.

You can over think sha, did he ask you out?
My subconscious spoke and it was right, I was certainly over thinking things.

"Shall we proceed sir?" I asked.

"Yeah, but hold up, you're missing something here." He said coolly.

I was a bit perplexed, but that was cleared almost immediately when he spoke.

"We're supposed to be on first name basis Lola, you're being so uptight"

"Oh" realization hit me.

"I apologize Mr Tunji." It felt disrespectful calling my boss by his first name, so putting a title in front made it a little less flippant for me.

"Lola, it's just two of us here, save the formalities for the outside world" He cooed.

Was he flirting with me?
Stop thinking nonsense jor, he's just being friendly.
   I gave a small smile.

"Understood... Shall we?" I nodded a little bit towards the door. I couldn't stand his intense gaze any longer.

"Yes."he stood up arranging his outfit

I tried to stop myself from staring and I was successful to some extent. We were out the door afterwards, we made some small talk to make the tour a little less boring and awkward.
As we walked through the halls, the stares and gasps from the ladies were astonishing. I mean who gapes at a guy like that, it was way too obvious.

  I prided myself in the fact that I was more composed than the rest of them. Some of them even batted their lashes and winked at him in the name of greeting.
Na wa o. Laila and Tana so need to hear this gist.
I chuckled at the thought. Those two would be so busy with work, I could talk to them till it's weekend.

The tour took over an hour and I was exhausted. For once, I hated wearing heels. I was about bidding him a farewell for the rest of the day, as it was lunch time already, when he called me back.