Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

******

The house was bustling with activity that Thursday morning, I was trying to not be languid in any activity I engaged myself as I hardly had any sleep the previous night.

"Aunty Lola, grandma said you should come and keep some fried meat for grandpa" Tobi said to me eagerly, he was obviously excited about the errand as he would have a taste of the delicacy.
"Oh" I groaned inwardly.

Where do they want me to put it now?

It was like my nephew had read my thoughts.

"She said you should put it inside this cooler" Ayo jumped out of nowhere startling me.

"And put it in their bedroom" Arinola completed.

It's like you people practiced this thing.

I frowned at the thought of climbing the stairs over and over again. I was exasperated already.

"Thank you for dropping the message, run along now" I dismissed with the wave of my hand.

All three of them pouted.

These ones want to chop meat, you people must work o.

"Aunty Lola, we want to follow you"
"Ehnehn" I feigned ignorance.
"That means you'll have to carry the meat to their room by yourselves o, can you do that?"

Of course they can do anything for meat.

They have surplus energy too.

They nodded eagerly and we headed out to the cooking area. The aroma of different delicacies hit my nostrils all at once and the pangs of hunger began.

The Egusi soup was what caught my attention first before I turned to sight the steaming Jollof rice, with the cooler of Fried rice just next to it. The pieces of Turkey and Chicken not too far away, that was what brought me to my senses as I quickly recalled the reason for being out there in the first place.

I sauntered towards the meat with the young ones trailing behind me. Thankfully it was their mother seated there 'guarding' the food. I didn't want any harassment from the caterers.

  I quickly put the meat in the small fancy looking cooler with Ima's permission and was about taking a bit for myself when she smacked my hand playfully making the piece of meat fall back into the large basin.

"Haba nau, after all the work I've been doing, you won't even allow me to eat small meat, it's not fair o" I pouted batting my eye lashes.

"See her face, I've reserved the one we'd eat as a family. It's in the kitchen, you can even take rice if you want but this one is for the guests" She informed.

"Oh okay, you should have told me na..., now my hand is paining me, you will gimme those soothing kisses you give to Brother Tolu o" I teased and scurried off before she could smack me again.

She was even blushing...

****

  I had breakfast in my room with Tana, I was too busy to eat much and by eleven in the morning, the in-laws had arrived for the payment of the bride price.
The make-up artist was doing her magic on Laila. The cameramen were taking shots of everything, I was all dressed up along with Tana and Ima and even Igho.

The dress code was dark green and gold, so being part of the Aso ebi, I wore a laced, dark green off shoulder dress, with a slit in front, stopping near my thigh, typical body con(hugged my curves and all),with gold coloured high heeled shoes,pumps to be exact, and a headgear to match. My hair extension stood in a ponytail behind the head gear. Tana wore something similar, only that the slit was behind her dress unlike mine.