||10

Wednesday, June, 10th

Zuko

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

     When I broke into the Avatars cell I was shocked to see Kaida there. It was shocking enough to stop me in my tracks. I watched her weak body hold up her head to look at me for a moment. I watched as realization sparkle in her eyes before her head went limp again.

    The Avatar began to scream as I approached him with my duel words out to him. I turned to Kaida first. I had to get her down from there. I took a step back before running and cutting her down. She was so weak at the moment that she just crumbled to the ground. Luckily the Avatar sent a sea of wind helping her down softly. My eyes widen, what did they do to her? "Be careful!" The Avatar shouted at me. I wanted to tell him that I didn't know she wasn't strong enough to keep herself up.

    I leaned down and took her body into my arms and leaned her against the wall. Before turning to the Avatar and cutting off his chains. He looked at me, his liberator, in wonder. I came closer and cuts his remaining bonds, turning and walks back over to Kaida, helping her onto my back.

    I haven't done this in a long time, but it doesn't mean I have never done it. It was easy to carry Kaida. "Who are you? What's going on? Are you here to rescue us?" I rolled my eyes, no, I was just here to have a cup of tea. I couldn't speak or Kaida would know instantly who I was. So I just made a gesture to the door. "I'll take that as a "yes.""

     I listened to Aang's footsteps as he followed me out. We walked past the guard that I gagged and tied at the door to his cell. Then all of a sudden there was a frog croak. What in the world was that? I put my head on a swivel to find out. I listened out for the frog and Kaida's breathing. I looked at her arms that were over my shoulder. There were red marks and dried up blood.

    I clenched my fists, Zhao will burn for this act of treason. I will make sure of it. I can't believe he would do something like this to someone so closely associated to the royal family.

     "No, frogs! Come back! And stop thawing out!" I turned around to see the Avatar running after the frogs. I grit my teeth and rolled my eyes before storming over to him. I did come here for the boy but now after seeing Kaida's condition there were much more important matters at hand. I grabbed the boy by the collar and dragged him out, while Kaida was still on my back. "Wait! My friends need to suck on those frogs!"

Then I heard a croak from my back. A frog slipped out of Kaida's pocket and onto the ground, running away. Why does she have frogs as well? For the same reason? Her friends were sick? Was she sick? We had to hurry and get out of here.

We were making it up to the wall with the rope that I had brought and we were just about to escape but there was a guard that shouted from below, "there, on the wall!"

     A soldier appears at the top of the wall we were climbing. He cuts the rope and we fall down the wall, we all let out a scream, well all of us but Kaida who just tightened her grip on me, holding onto me for dear life.

      We both landed softly thanks to the Avatars air bending. There was a gust of dust that surrounded us. I handed Kaida off to the Avatar which was a struggle because I had to practically peel her off me. She was much taller than Aang, which meant that I had to be the one to carry her.

    When the dust clears, I unsheathe my swords and they run in the opposite direction. Their fear boosts my ego, though in the view I saw Zhao on an ornate balcony in the distance.

Zhao shouted to his troops, "the Avatar has escaped! Close all the gates immediately!" I turn around, knowing that this was my cue to leave. I heave Kaida back onto me and instantly she latches on, letting out a soft sigh. I smiled to myself, maybe she knew who I was.