||46

Tuesday, July 21st
Kaida

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

    Iroh took that moment to ignore me and continue the conversation, "that's very noble of you. I believe people can change their lives if they want to. I believe in second chances." I noticed his glance at Zuko. I raised my brow, was Zuko trying to have a change of heart. My stomach filled with hope, maybe he can join us!

    Then all of a sudden there was a pain in my chest. I looked over to Zuko to see if he was drawing from my fire again, to see him looking out to the sea blankly. I raised a brow and then there was another tug, that means Hyo was the one behind this. Unlike Zuko he was drawing from me in a calm refined way, a way that didn't leave me completely defenseless.

    If Hyo is drawing from me, that means that something has gone wrong with the gAang. I started the flow of more fire through the bond in order to protect Hyo just in case. The bond between Hyo and I was similar to a bond between a mother and child. I fed Hyo fire in order for him to grow stronger.

    Soon the pulling stopped and I laid down, tired from using a lot of my fire. Though there was peace on the other side of the bond, which means that they are safe now. I let out a sigh. Thank goodness.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

    That next morning we docked at the wall of Ba Sing Se. I stretched as I walked off the boat onto the cement. "I hate water." I groaned and then shot a look at Jet who rolled his eyes.

    "Can we please let that go." He nudged my shoulder as he passed by giving me a funny look. I smiled at that, over the trip we have become friends again, "So, you guys got plans once you're inside the city?" He smiled resting his arm on my shoulder.

     I shrugged, "I'll just be on call until the Avatar needs me." I smiled up at him as he nodded.

     "How do you know when they will need you. You don't even know if they're here!" He displayed a hand to the whole underground area.

    "I'll know." If they need me, I will get a message from Hyo, by then though it might be too late, though late is better than never, I can hunt them down and find them again if needed.

     "Come on Toph, we need to go." Zuko flicked Jets arm from off my shoulder. He grabs my arm and walks me over to the side. We have been using my code name now, and Jet has caught on. I think he is using a different name too now.

    There was so much going on around us. We met up with Iroh who was sitting off to the side, "Get your hot tea here! Finest tea in Ba Sing Se!" A passing peddler shouted. I looked back to see Jet following after us with a knowing smirk on his lips.

    Iroh started waving an arm, "Oh! Jasmine, please." The peddler stops and pours tea into Iroh's bowl, who delightedly takes a sip. His eyes widen in shock and he spits it out in disgust. "Blaugh! Ugh. Coldest tea in Ba Sing Se is more like it. What a disgrace!" I found a seat next to him.

   "Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" I looked up to see Jet looking at Zuko. Jet gestures for Zuko, who seems to be ignoring the tea episode, to follow him. Zuko rises reluctantly and sighs. He did not seem to like Jet at all, and I wonder why, out of all of us, I should be the one to hate him.

    I looked over to Iroh who had a curious look across his brows. I looked back to see them talking with one another. "What do you think it is about?" I looked back to Iroh who was heating his tea. I ignored it, tea was meant to be hot, if I don't draw attention to him, nobody would notice.