||61

Saturday, August 8th

Kaida

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

When I woke up Hyo was sitting right in front of me with a letter. "Good morning, Hyo," I said rubbing my eyes, sitting up to grab the letter from his claws. "Thank you," I said appreciating his hard work for me.

I rolled open the letter and Katara confirmed what my father had said. Aang was alive and fine. There seems to be an eclipse was coming up, and they were planning on attacking then. A chill shook my spine, my fire would be gone for a few moments but I was dreading it. They are arriving at one of the Fire Nation islands in three days in order to arrive at the sight of the invasion.

I let out a sigh. "What's wrong?" Baba looked over my shoulder.

"There is an eclipse coming," I sighed, shaking my head sadly, closing up the letter. I tossed it into the air and burnt it to a crisp, I couldn't allow anyone else to get ahold of that letter.

"It's that time again already?" Baba's deep voice trailed off to a time a very long ago. I nodded my head standing up.

"Well, I better go then," I dusted myself off again. Baba stood and we walked over to the entrance of the cave. "I only have three days to learn how to bend lightning." I hope that was enough time.

"Good luck with your training," Baba frowned and looked off to the distance. Not like he can teach me this, as much as he wanted to, it was a royal secret, no dragons knew how to do it.

"Thanks!" I smiled and Hyo was next to me in a second. I put a hand on his back and mounted him.

"Say hello to my sister for me," I raised a brow at that, his sister?

"Wha-" Baba shook his head and smiled at me.

"Safe travels Kaida." I got sad again. I didn't want to leave him as much as I knew that I should. I'll be back for him. Even though I have been here for about a month now.

"Just wait till this war is over, I'll handle everything." I lifted off the ground to go find Uncle Iroh. It was the time of the dragon again, and one thing I don't do. I don't lose.

When I realize where Hyo was going, I got a little bit more nervous. We were heading towards the heart of the Fire Nation, right where the palace was. It was easy to get through because I just flew so high above all the defenses. Not to mention I could blend is as well as any other firebender.

I saw a tall building in the distance and knew instantly where Uncle Iroh was. He was in prison? Zuko threw his uncle in prison? "Wow," I said in shock. He really has sunken to the lowest point. Maybe I should sneak into the palace and put him into a sleep he would never wake up from.

Luckily Iroh was at the top floor, though he had one of the tightest security on him. Hyo landed and I hopped off. There were a lot of vents on the top of the building. I looked over to Hyo, he was sitting there with all his glory. If someone looked this way they would surely see him.

"Hyo," I shooed him away. "Go have fun for the evening, don't be seen, I'll call you when we need to meet up." Hyo needed a break as much as I did. He was probably so worried about me when I was down for the count.

"Knock." I waved his head down to mine and our foreheads knocked against each other. "Stay safe, use your bending if you are in trouble. Let me know." I rubbed behind his horns. He bobbed his head and flew off.