9. A Mere Coincidence

Y/N's POV

"Who was Y/N L/N?" I questioned Draco, as the two of us were alone in the Slytherin Common Room. I had so many questions, it could've been a coincidence or it could've meant something and if Draco wasn't going to give me answers, I would have to get them myself.

"He was Gryffindor in our year. He died whilst participating in the Triwizard Tournament." Draco replied simply.

"Kind of weird how he had the same name as me..." I said, thinking.

"It's just a coincidence F/N." Draco said, he never referred to me as Y/N during school, probably because other people were around.

"Is that why I can't tell people I'm called Y/N?" I asked. "Is it why I have to go by F/N?"

Draco nodded. "Y/N L/N had potential to be a great wizard, he just associated with the wrong sorts of people, like Mudbloods and Blood-traitors."

"Were you friends?" I asked.

Draco shook his head. "No, he spent too much time around bad people, I couldn't be associated with him."

"How'd he die?" I knew I was asking a lot of questions but I was curious.

"I don't know, he never survived the final task." Draco shrugged, he seemed like he didn't want me to ask any more questions so I stayed silent. There was something about that name that stuck to my mind, I had to find out more. There was something that Draco knew that he was keeping from me, and if he wouldn't tell me I would have to find out myself.

"I'm going to the library." I said suddenly, breaking the awkward silence.

"Do you want me to come with?" asked Draco.

"No Draco, I don't need you to be my bodyguard and be around me every living second." I said with a laugh.

"Alright then, I'll see you later." Draco said whilst making his way up to our dormitory as I left the Common Room.

I made my way to the library, since lessons were over I felt no need to keep my robes on so I was dressed in my Slytherin jumper, the green Slytherin tie along with grey trousers and a white shirt. Once I got to the library, I sat down and started doing some of my homework, I wanted to learn more about this other Y/N but I didn't know where to start, so I just decided to finish up on some of my homework. Once I was done, I relaxed on the cushion that I was sitting on, I felt my eyes droop slightly and I could feel myself dozing off...

"Uh...hello?" a voice said above me, I jolted away to realise that I had fallen asleep.

I rubbed my eyes. "Oh sorry, do you need anything?"

My eyes focused to reveal none other than the girl, Hermione Granger standing sheepishly in front of me, books in her hand.

"Oh yeah uh...I just need this book behind you."

Embarrassed, I laughed slightly. "Oh I'm sorry, which book do you want?"

Hermione pointed to the book and I reached out and grabbed it, before passing it to her.

"Thanks." she mumbled quietly. "I should get going now. Sorry for waking you up."

"It's fine," I smiled, "you can sit here if you want." I pointed to a seat opposite me.

I thought she was going to reject my offer but she nodded and took the seat next to me.

"So you're Hermione Granger." I said.

"And you're F/N Malfoy." she replied.

I nodded. "Draco's brother."

"I'm surprised you offered to let me sit here." she said.