Chapter 31

Sierra's POV

   We were on our way to his apartment and we were barely talking to each other. But what was there really to say to him in this situation.

"How are your preparations for the business trip coming along?" He asked me, I guess he was feeling the awkward tension too.

"Good, everything's coming along smoothly with the bookings and reservations. The jet is under maintenance at this moment and will be ready by tomorrow and also the hotel......"

"No no, I meant you? How are you holding up. I learnt it's going to be your first business trip ever since you started working for Mr. Collins."

"Ohh, uhm well everything's normal. I just have to get on the jet honestly and assist you when necessary it's not that much of a big deal."

"So you dont like have phobia for flying?"

"No, what makes you think that."

"Well, the fact that you've never accompanied him on a business trip. Mr. Collins I mean. I thought you were afraid of flying or something."

"Ohh," I laughed. "Honestly, he didn't want me to come with him when he travelled. He preferred to do it on his own and I've been on an airplane before."

"Oh really?" He asked.

"Yeah, when I moved here."

"Hmmmm, I've always thought you've lived here for a long time."

"No I moved here from another state." I was treading on dangerous water. I needed to change the topic now. I'm not really ready to say anything Right Now.

"Are we almost there?" I quickly asked him an attempt to change the topic and thank God he caught on.

"Yeahh, we're here." Pheww.

We got down from the car and walked towards the entrance before he stopped in his tracks and turned around to face me.

"Just to give you a heads up, you remember my friend from the office?"

"Yes, I do. Mr. Moretti right?"

"Yeah him, he's here and he tends to be quite irritating sometimes. So no matter what he does bear with him, you're the more mature one." I laughed at his statement which was entirely true, I knew how Luca could get sometimes. He was an overgrown baby.

"Sure, sir."

"Sierra, we're not in the office anymore remember."

"I meant sure thing, Gabriel." With that he nodded his head to show approval and moved on to opening the door. We both walked into the house to a quiet and serene environment, until the fire alarms from the kitchen started going off and immediately Gabriel and I rushed over there, with me following his lead of course. When we got to the kitchen we saw both Luca and Bella trying to put off a fire that was coming from a pan. They finally succeeded and there was smoke covering the whole room.

"What the hell, what were you guys trying to do? Burn down my house?"

"You know that's no way to talk to people who almost died here." Luca retorted.

"Well fun fact, you're not dead and I can yell at you as much as I want to. And Bella I thought you were the smart one."

"Ouch" Luca remarked from the sidelines while Gabriel was talking to his sister.

"I actually had no hands in this Gab, it was all Luca. I swear, I just came down to get a glass of water and then the alarm started blaring." And with that Gabriel gave Luca a look.