New Perspective

I would like to share my new perspective on personality here. Recently I've experienced an "Ego Death" and a lot has come out of it, I won't go into that here so research that on your own if you will.

Anyways, I've realized that our personality (how we identify ourselves) is essentially something our brains create as a funnel for information, otherwise we would get overwhelmed. This is just what our brains do there's no escaping having this function. Our brains create boundaries and limitations for ourselves that are hard to break out of. If you can break these barriers though, you'll realize the human mind is capable of so much more than what we use it for.

Many people look to MBTI to define themselves but my suggestion to everyone is this; look at all the personality types. Every single one of them has different advantages you might not ever think about associating yourself with, but that is not to say you can't. There is so much more to us and to our minds than the identity we've built and perfected our entire lives, we do not need to be confined by the personality our brain has given us.

Not only that but we do not need to become what we are labeled as. Even within looking at our own personality type we can learn from the stereotypical disadvantages of them. The labeling theory is REAL and we will naturally fall into patterns based on labels we receive or give to ourselves, but we don't have to do this! Many people in the MBTI community are guilty of this (including myself), that's why I feel it's important to put this out there. Especially considering the general target audience for MBTI seems to be younger people still forming and understanding their personality I feel that this is important to realize.

That being said, we are so much more than the identities that our minds have formed over the years. Everyone and everything is connected and is an equal part of the universe and no one is any more special than another, thank you for reading.