Walton's Mountain-Ben Walton (The Waltons)

From the show: The Waltons

You had lived at the same place your entire life, but you wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. It was on Walton's mountain that you found your friends that doubled as your family. When your father passed away it was tough, but being able to live with the Walton family helped the wounds to heal. Although you always missed your father, one look at them and the land around you, and you could just feel his presence, shining down on you amongst the stars. For a long time you had had a small, secret crush on Ben Walton, the reason it being so minuscule was you feared of letting it grow. You found yourself brushing your hair one morning though, shortly after Christmas had occurred.

"So, are you gonna tell Ben you like him," Erin directly asked you, crossing her legs with the knees bent out as she sat on her bed in the room you shared with her, Mary Ellen, and Elizabeth.

You stopped mid stroke as you stared at her in the faintly dusty mirror. "What do you mean?"

"Come on, we both saw the way you were looking at him at dinner the other day," Mary Ellen bluntly stated as she walked over.

Your eyes refocused on your reflection before you decided to just bite the bullet and confess the truth. "I've actually had a crush on him for awhile now, but I'm not gonna let it get any bigger."

"Why? You and Ben would make a great couple," Erin claimed.

"Erin, you don't know anything about dating. You have to be subtle," Mary Ellen cut in.

"Subtle? Oh, you mean like you and-" You didn't really hear the boy's name Erin used before Mary Ellen was yelling at her. You just let the two girls squabble as you thought of ways to conceal your secret feelings of Ben even more. They were getting stronger without any warning.

One day you accidentally overheard their father, John, giving Ben "the talk," probably because he was becoming close with some girl. You never dreamed that girl was you. You hadn't realized how the playful banter between you too had given off more than just friendship vibes.

You decided to go for a walk to clear your head, and apparently Ben was thinking the same thing, since eventually he was jogging up to be beside you.

"Hey," he simply greeted, still seeming a bit quiet after the conversation you overheard.

"Hey, Ben," you responded, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear from nerves.

"Sorry I didn't come down to the pond earlier. Daddy wanted to talk to me about some things." You had completely forgotten about your pre-arrangement from your fast paced thoughts.

"That's okay." More silence followed when normally the two of you would almost be flirting.

Eventually you reached the pond you always hung out at, placing your feet in the water to cool off from the heat as you sat on the tall grass.

"Hey (Y/N), we've been friends an awfully long time," Ben commented, messing with a blade of grass he had broken off.

"Yeah, we have," you confirmed, pulling your knees up to your chest. The Ben Walton you knew was normally more forward, so his timid attitude was surprising to you.

"I was just wonderin' if I could try something with you," he said, his beautiful eyes looking directly into your own.

"Sure," you shrugged.

"Close your eyes," he ordered, you just waiting for what he had planned. In the next moment you felt a pair of slightly chapped lips against your own, and even though it was your first kiss somehow you naturally knew just what to do. Once your simple kiss was over you fluttered your eyes open, and Ben was almost smirking.

"I've wanted to do that a long time."

"Me too," you agreed.

"Then why didn't you tell me," he exclaimed in shock.

"Why didn't you tell me," you replied.

"(Y/N), I would like for you to be my girlfriend."

"I would love to." Your face beamed as your cheeks turned a slight red color.

In the next moment Ben had playfully pushed you into the water, and as you faked being upset and ended up being caught in a splashing war, you felt that you were on the highest peak on Walton's Mountain.

A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this Walton imagine. It was requested by my great friend, Anna. Please remember to comment, vote, and follow if you enjoyed. Thanks! <3