16 | what a comeback

DEDICATED TO CAROL

you have been here for my story since day one (don't think I didn't notice hehe) so here is where I extend my sincerest form of gratitude that comes from the deepest parts of my heart <3 this story has come such a long way since 20-freakin-18, just as the world has, and just as you and I have! I hope this story has taught you a thing or two about yourself as that is always the intention behind everything that I write/do. please stay safe and healthy!

EAST AND I became inseparable after the night of his confession

EAST AND I became inseparable after the night of his confession. At first, I felt an immense amount of guilt for not being able to say those three "simple" words back to him, but he never, ever pushed it. In fact, it almost seemed as if he had never even said them himself, like a slowly fading dream after waking up in the morning. Eventually, I figured out that life was definitely not a Korean drama, and that something as huge as love could also be reflected in a casual way. Even though it wasn't what normal people typically preferred, I was grateful for the patience on his behalf. Because quite honestly, it ended up taking me quite awhile until I had the guts to say it back; but that's a story for another day.

On the first of many days spent together, we took a trip to Malibu beach. We jammed out to BLACKPINK blasting in the car, read our books under a huge umbrella, and cooled off in the water by splashing each other with the ocean's salty, crisp tears.

The week after, we decided to go cafe hopping in hopes of collecting ideas of what ingredients I could use for my next recipe blog post. However, what started off as work later became a game of finding the most unique drink name, that even the workaholic in me had to regularly remind myself to stay on task (not that I was complaining because East's company made even work more enjoyable).

At some point when we were visiting the fourth cafe of the day, East invited Zaiden and Isla while I texted Haven to come meet up with us. We were enjoying each other's company so much that we made our way to a restaurant and bar rooftop afterward to have drinks and celebrate what Haven referred to as "our pre-pre-engagement party."

It was about two weeks in of "dating" each other almost everyday -- save for the few days we would spend alongside our mothers' to organize the wedding details -- when we experienced what I would describe as my perfect day: We spent the morning cooking breakfast at East's place (to which we almost burned down because frankly we both cannot cook) and the rest of the afternoon out and about. I took him to a beginner's baking class and pretended to be weak in certain areas so that he could come to my rescue, that even the teacher ended up helping me out much to East's failed attempts. Then we took our slightly overcooked cinnamon rolls to a park nearby and watched the sun set behind the arena of buildings of downtown LA in the comfort of my truck's trunk.

Ironically, the best part of that entire, very eventual day, was seeing East's smile under the twinkling streetlights just before he laid his head on my lap.