Chapter _7_

Kaylee's POV:

It's only the middle of the week and I'm already in total chaos. How did it happen that in one day my life went from a "predictable routine" to "I don't know what to expect from myself in the next three seconds"?

Is it the science behind lust and attraction that is to blame? I think my body is currently a hotel for unwanted guests- serotonin, dopamine and oxytocin. I just hope they spend the night there and leave my body, because this. . . this is not what i need.

What a cliché, isn't it? The girl who has arranged her life to the point that she can organize everything and write on two sheets of paper, falls for the city's bad guy, who in the eyes of the public is an "honest businessman". For which the girls sigh, rolling restlessly on the bed at night as they think of him. For which the front pages of the most prestigious newspapers are crying, in order to sell out their circulation in an instant.

What a cliché, isn't it? And of course me in the middle of this soap opera. In the role of an episodic actress.

Definitely working overtime affected my brain cells and destroyed this little bit of reason I had left.It is Impossible for me-  impossible to feel anything towards this man, even if it was some initial attraction or lust. That's right, I told myself firmly. My brain is playing some weird games with me and testing the extent to which i can be consistent with myself.

"Ignoring the signs is the good way to end up at the wrong destination," my mind whispered mockingly. 

"I'm not in denial, I'm just selective about the realities I accept." I said playfully out loud and went to my purse from which I took out the phone. After the bell rang a few times, voice was heard on the other side.

"Hey Kaaay, long time no see. Is my girl okay, you haven't been calling me lately? You know, I'm a little angry about that. "

Freya said with laughter. Freya is my friend, my savior, brother from another mother. When it was hardest - she was there for me. She celebrated my successes with the same joy as I did. However, she always told that I drown myself too much in work and that i am sacrificing my private life too much. It's true that we haven't heard from each other for a while, but I've been too busy, taking too many cases in the court, all in order to finally have a chance to become a partner in the law company where I work.

"Girl, you know that this workaholic of yours always thinks of you, but lately work has become my mother, friend, boyfriend, lover - everything," I said, leaning back comfortably in my couch.

"Then I don't need to ask you at all what happened to Dean. You know, that colleague of mine. The one who is walking fantasy. The one who asked me for your number. The. . . "I interrupted her, laughing hilariously into the phone.

"I'd better interrupt you until you start saying some dirty things. Uh, well the truth is I didn't have time to go out with him. He invited me, but I explained nicely that it is currently a turning point in my career and that I have to dedicate myself to it. "

"So you practically blow him off in a short notice?" She said, a little annoyed

"Unfortunately- I have to admit. Only his voice sounded so seductive and appealing. . . "I thought deeply.

But not so much to send me into another dimension, like his.Powerful and obeying.

I closed my eyes, shook my head, and shook those unwanted thoughts out of my head.

"You are impossible. That's why you can't get away with it this time. A new prestigious club opens on Saturday and it is almost impossible to get invitation. But since you are talking to a very resourceful and successful PR, you will get a chance for redemption. I'll pick you up at 10 on Saturday night. Don't be such a buzzkill. "

With those words, she hung up on me, not letting me to turn her down.

Well, good now. Maybe that's what I need to divert my thoughts a little from the current situation.

I leaned my head back and sank between the pillows on my couch, looking at the ceiling and twirling a lock of my hair with the index finger of my right hand. The deep exhalation accurately reflected my current state of mind.

I am a strong, independent and self-aware woman. Why do I allow some playboy to steal so much of my thinking time?A strong, independent and self-aware woman - you are just a person made of flesh and bones, not a freakin  robot. It's okay to be attracted to a man, even if it's a hardcore mobster or a playboy businessman.

My inner monologue has reached its climax. I'm definitely going crazy.This torrent of feelings will pass soon, since we'll no longer have a contact and I will never see his mocking face again.

Or so I hoped.