Chapter _36_

Kaylee S POV:

Like a fury, I burst into the house and slammed the door, so that all the glass panels shook.

He was sitting on the sofa, in the dark, only the dim light of the lamp illuminated his contours. He drank a glass of whiskey and waited calmly for me.

Opposite of him, I was a walking fireball that threatened to burn everything that was in my way to the ground.

"You! How dare you?"

I approached closer.

Pure rage radiated from me.

"That was my friend. If I agreed to marry you, I didn't sign that I would give up everyone and everything! You want to take my friends, my freedom ..."

So I thought

"Speaking of which, did you follow me? Did you fell so low as to put me in your golden cage. To give me apparent freedom and on the other hand control me in every way? And just when I began to accept how I felt about You."

At the end of sentence my voice was getting quieter, the last words came out more like a whisper.

Noah put the glass  on the table and approached me slowly.

"You have to figure something out, it's all for your safety. I know you're a strong woman but there are people who are stronger, and more cruel, and deadly..."

He grabbed me by the shoulders as I listened to him silently. Tears, anger, pride, helplessness piled up inside me.

"The thing is, some people have been following you for a while. I can't figure out who's sending them. They want to hurt me by hurting you..."

I frowned, my throat completely dry.

"They know you're my weak point... My people are secretly guarding and monitoring you. Tonight I decided to do it myself and when I saw you and him, I lost my mind. He's not your friend Kaylee! Maybe you think so, but that's not what he fells, it is obvious! "

"Stop it! Now!"

I pushed him away from me.

"I had a happy, fullfilled and carefree life until you showed up. I tried so hard to erase the traces of my family and start a dignified and peaceful life. And then you came in and turned my life upside down...I was just starting to adjust to idea that i may lov. . . And now you're telling me that someone wants to kill me. Because of you ! "

"That's why I didn't tell you, I knew you'd go crazy and run away with your head in sand no matter what, when you found out."

"That's where you were right. I'm leaving."

He took my hand.

"Let me go, I have to clear my mind for the night. This right now is hell and the fire around me is squeezing me more and more. Like your hands now."

We both looked down at his hand gripping mine.

"Let me. Go."

And with those words, his hand fell beside his body and I took heavy steps into the night abyss and squeezed the gas on my Toyota.

I had to go away from him at this moment until I processed what was actually happening to me.

I slammed my hands into the steering wheel.

"Fuck, just when I have put down my defence walls and realized I loved him this had to happen."

Someone wants to kill me. Someone wants to kill him. I don't know what was more painful - the thought that I could die or live without him.

I decided to cool my head amd gather my thougjts in my old apartment. I was all alone in the hallway of my building, rummaging through my bag and searching for the keys to my apartment. 

If someone was really following me, I didn't want to contact Freya or Dean, and thus put them in danger too. No more than I already did. The only place where i can isolate myself for the night , that came to my mind was my old apartment.

 I unlocked the door and reached out to turn on the light. The switch did not work. I stepped slowly inside the darkness.

"You came as I had hoped."

That was the last I heard before felt a blunt blow to the head. As darkness engulfed me, that voice echoed in my head. That familiar voice.

No way, it is imposible. . .

-----------------------------------

Hey guys! Who do you think could be the person that was waiting for Kaylee in her apartment?