Chapter _26_

Noah's POV:

I was under tension these days because there were certain complications in doing business in Washington territory. Brandon Cooper, my right hand man in that part of the state, still managed to solve everything with my instructions and thus once again justified why I put him in that position.

The volume of work grew more and more,weapon shipments were huge and counted in the billions of dollars. Consequently, my power grew in proportion to the growth of the business. We managed to smash some larger mafia organizations to pieces, and mafia bosses, like dogs with bent tails came to my feet to ask for mercy.

Until recently, her closeness would arouse calm in me, but lately, even if I thought of her, all my senses would go overdrive. I longed for her touch and the fact that I couldn't have her was driving me crazy.

I took a deep breath as I tried to tie my tie, but thinking about her made my hands run without control. In frustration I threw my tie on the bed- what is this woman doing to me?

Seeing my problem, Kaylee slowly approached like a celestial creature, lifted tie off the bed and tossed it around my neck. She tilted her head to the side, revealing her neck and the scent of her ravishing perfume filled my nostrils. It was like my sedative.

We were in a bubble full of some appealing tension, and yet some soothing currents. I absorbed her as I leaned over her, as if to protect her from anything. From everyone. 

She wore a crimson red, long evening dress with long sleeves. The thigh-high slit on one side showed hints of the satin skin of her legs.

"Do you want to return the favor?"

She looked at me with innocent eyes and licked her lips imperceptibly. I didn't answer anything, I just kept looking her in the eyes. She turned her back lightly on me, and looked over her shoulder.

"Zipper is hidden and so small that I can't zipp up my dress. Could you help me with that? "

I came close to her, too close. Our bodies touched at low points. I put away her hair that fell over her off-the-shoulder dress obscuring the V neckline.

The bare skin of her back attracted me like a magnet and i moved closer to her, clinging my lower region with hers behind. I trailed my fingers along her bare back, memorizing every line and curve. My vision went black. I pulled the zipper slowly up.

Her body was stiff and threatened to break at any moment.

When I buttoned her dress, I placed both hands on her shoulders and slowly lowered them along her arms, placing them on her hips. I kissed her neck gently and slid my hands over her belly. It seemed to me as if she let out a quiet moan.

"We could go if you're ready."

'' Yes, yes, I'm ready. We can go. "

She quickly slipped out of my arms and went to the door.

The celebration took place on the rooftop of an old building. The arrangement was worthy of the highest stratum of society. Natural greenery, dimmed lantern lights and quiet music of the orchestra that played the most beautiful notes of this world on its instruments.

When we got out of the elevator and reached the entrance, we looked at each other significantly and I intertwined my fingers with hers. She smiled softly at me, and the way the moonlight fell on her face, made me to bring her even closer to myself and tighten my grip.

We stepped into the world of bourgeoisie and rascally, and faces just changed around us. In addition to the congratulations they sent us, I felt many looks at us. Some were curious while others were envious and dirty.

I tried not to separate from her, because blood was boiling inside me whenever I noticed that some man was laying his eyes on her. The ruthless and dark side awoke in me. This woman knows how to extinguish darkness in me, but also to ignite it again to conquer the whole world.

'' Noah, congratulations on your wedding! Your wife is very beautiful, I hope she won't interfere with your business and that you will stay at the top of the corporate chain. You know what they say, beautiful woman- bad distraction. "

I was adressed by one of the business partners, who was hugging his wife.

"I think that we could go to the bar to refill our drinks and let the gentlemen discuss politics and business, do you agree ladies?"

His wife said, and all the women in the circle, headed for the table, including mine.

As she was leaving, she turned her head towards me and it was as if I read in her eyes the plea not to leave her and to be close to her. But it probably just occurred to me.

"You know what, Kevin, my wife is very successful in her job, so she can only be supportive about my business, not a distraction, as you say."

The story developed in the direction of stock market movements, where  to invest, so I immersed myself in the story, but I always followed out of the corner of my eye what Kaylee was doing.

At one point I saw some brown-haired man talking to her, and to my taste, he got too close to her, putting his hand on her shoulder.

"Excuse me, I have to retire. I wish you a pleasant evening.''

I got out of the crowd and walked towards them, clenching my fist, while thunders and lightnings came out of my ears with rage. When I approached them, I saw frown on her face, and how she removed his hand  from her shoulder.

"I don't think the lady wants you around."

The brown-haired asshole turned to me as I wrapped one arm around Kaylee's waist and grabbed him by the neck with the other.

"You'd better get out of my sight right now before i kill you."

He swallowed a lump in his throat and with frightened eyes merged with the crowd.

I turned to Kaylee who was looking at me in disbelief with her mouth open. I needed her to calm me down.

With the hand that was around her waist, I pulled her towards me and put the other hand around her neck.

I kissed her passionately, as if my life depended on it. At first she was stiff and surprised but after I bit her lip, she let me in. She ran her fingers trough my hair and we fought for dominance, juicy and vigorously exploring each other.

We parted with heavy sighs and I leaned my forehead against hers. With our eyes closed and our lips silent, we talked about everything that kiss meant to us. She stroked my cheek  and her angelic touch made light shine through my cracks.

I took her hand and we plunged into the night blue.

"Let's get out of here."