Chapter _9_

Noah's POV:

I tore the air between us with my gaze. I wanted to seduce her, since it was part of my natural charm, something I did unconsciously. But she was different. Was I really ready to immerse her in all the darkness that i posses just so she could turn on the light inside of me?!

Taking my eyes off her, I scanned her surroundings. A "corporate mouse" in his human form was exchanging "accidental" touches with the blonde sitting next to him, and she returned it discreetly and very deftly.

This thing is going to heat up soon, I thought.

On the other side, next to Kaylee sat a man who was leaning comfortably on the sofa. Legs half spread, right hand glued along his torso and palm on his thigh and left hand relaxed on the back of the garnish nearly along her back, fingers gently roumage through her hair. His head was tilted slightly towards her and I saw that he was relaxed near her.

After nervously looking away, she turned to him and gave him a sweet, innocent smile. He approached her, tilting his head toward her. In that moment I thought he was going to kiss her, but he only whispered something in her ear and she smiled at him, placing her left hand on the defined biceps of his arm.

They are together.

At no point did it occur to me that there might be someone in her life.

The truth is, if I was really sure what I wanted and if this attraction to her hadn't confused me so much, he wouldn't have existed in this story. He would be a marginal mistake.

Because what is mine, no one else should want. No one.

But something was fighting inside me. Two strong forces that bounced off like two of the same side of a magnet.

Logic and feelings.

I didnt want to admit it to myself, but I never allowed myself to have those gentle feelings in my mind and body.

I would have girls, have fun and that would be the end of it. No romantic feelings were in the spotlight. Just sexual attraction. My ruthless side of personality knew that love would . . .  would lower my walls and that I could possibly show my weak points to someone, more precisely to that person, even more precisely- to her.  Love, the word itself awakens in me a feeling that makes me close my eyes tightly and squeeze my eyelids so damn hard for the darkness to swallow me.

I think that, what attracted me to her - was the same thing that turned her away from me. Too many contradictions lay between us and yet, in a way, too many similarities.

She was a powerful woman. It could be seen. She radiated some raw determination. I think, like me, she had a hard time giving in to her feelings.

I couldn't let that happen. I wasn't sure what this was that was starting to develop inside me and until I deal with it, I don't want to think about anymore.

Is it even possible to bring out such a command to oneself and still stick to such a decision?

From that moment on, I tried not to look at her booth and surrendered to the zen state that reigned at my table.

Drinks of all kinds and strengths arranged on the table. Cigarettes, cohibas and their smoke around us. My closest team of people were with me tonight to celebrate a new era of our business.

"Boss, in honor of you and all of us as bearers of your command, congratulations! And we know that any good celebration would not be good without one item..."

Liam proudly toasted addressing me and everyone present at the table. Then he raised his right hand and made a gesture as if calling someone.

At that moment, five beautiful women came to our table. Brunettes, blondes, with tight dresses, low-cut dresses, all kind of dresses- ready for rock and roll.

They started circling around us, caressing us seductively, as they giggled and started some dirty stories. A brunette in a red tight dress leaned on me, running her left hand over the bare skin of my exposed colar bone. She whispered a few words in my ear and I took her hand and we left the club.

No, I didn't look behind me.No, I didn't look at her.