16 - "Sleeping beside you"

After the first visit, Wen Qian will come and spend time with Xiu Ying every two or three days. Even if she's not being pressured by the emperor, she'll come on her own. That's because she feels so comfortable around Xiu Ying.

The latter treats her like a sister and Wen Qian treats him like a brother...even though the feelings of love have become slightly deeper than just a brother.

But, Wen Qian knows her limits. She knows Xiu Ying is someone that is out of her reach. Therefore, she buried her feelings deep down in her heart. She treasures her friendship with Xiu Ying more than anything and she won't ruin it just because of her useless affection.

Just like Wen Qian, Xiu Ying also feels happier when Wen Qian came and visit him. He does prefer to be alone but a good companion is always better.

Jing Yi is a good friend but he's too strict with those protocols and won't dare to act too carefree with his young master and that makes Xiu Ying slightly frustrated. So, Wen Qian's presence filled a part of his boring day.

Wen Qian is now being highly respected. The thought of Wen Qian having the potential of becoming the Imperial Noble Consort or even the empress caused many servants to try to be nice to her.

But too bad for them, Wen Qian who has been alerted by Xiu Ying ignored and dismissed them. She doesn't need someone loyal to position and money instead of the person herself.

The closeness between Xiu Ying and Wen Qian makes the other two concubines restless, Yu Li Na especially.

Lots of stuff have been smashed onto the floor and shattered into pieces every time her servant reported that Xiu Ying and Wen Qian always meet up on the day the emperor comes to Wen Qian's room.

Little did she know that actually, it was the emperor who eagerly met with Wen Qian just to know the latest information about Xiu Ying.

"Damn you useless bi**h! How dare you take away His Majesty from me... " Her fist trembles from holding her rage.

"I was wrong.. I should have tried to kill you and not the ugly slut. Ha! Pretend to act so naive and innocent but you're the real whore!" Yu Li Na keeps smashing everything her hand could reach.

It's been two weeks since Wu Zhang Wei last came to her room as he said he was busy. But the emperor can make time to go and visit Wen Qian no matter how busy he was. That's what makes her furious!

"You wait! I'll make sure you can never go near His Majesty anymore. His Majesty is mine! I'm the one who will carry the crown prince!"

All the servants didn't dare to go near her. They're starting to despised their master. Before this, no matter how badly Yu Li Na treated them, they hold it in. First, because of Yu Li Na's position which is the highest rank compared to other concubines. Next, they thought the emperor started to like her when they knew the emperor and Yu Li Na spent the night together.

But now, it seems like the emperor clearly avoiding her and she's falling out of favor. The servants want to ask for a transfer to another palace or assigned to another work but it cannot be done unless someone is willing to swap their job. Too bad, no one wants to serve hot-tempered concubine. It is better to work in a stable and clean the shit.

.....

More than a month has passed but never once did Wu Zhang Wei have the chance to spend time with Xiu Ying, even just a dinner. Therefore, Wu Zhang Wei decided to visit Zhongcui Palace ahead of the scheduled night.

Xiu Ying who is about to have his dinner was surprised by the announcement, "His Majesty has arrived." Xiu Ying and Jing Yi look at each other, dumbfounded.