36 - Date

-Imperial Study Room-

The Great General is smiling all the way since he entered the room. No matter how the emperor tries to annoy him, he didn't get angry and ignored it instead.

Wu Zhang Wei scoffs. "I bet everything went on smoothly," He said while glancing at Huang Fei Hong.

Fei Hong rubs his nose, "Well... he didn't accept me yet but he told me he needs time to think about it. At least, he's considering, right?"

Zhang Wei huffs. He thought with how excited and happy Fei Hong looked, Jing Yi has accepted his feelings. But the truth is, he's still thinking about it.

"Don't celebrate too early. Considering means there are two possibilities, accept or reject. So..."

"Gosh! Can't you just support me or be happy for me? If you don't want to congratulate me then at least don't spread the negativity." Fei Hong rolls his eyes.

"Hey! I'm just saying! I was kind enough to let you have the chance to hang out with him. If I didn't ask my love to ask Jing Yi to leave him alone, do you think you could even have that 'consideration' from him? Be grateful!" Zhang Wei slams the memorial in his hand onto the table.

The general won't back down, he slams the table with his palm. "Be grateful? To Consort Li, yes, I'm grateful to him. To you? You're just using me to have a sweet time with Consort Li. If it's not because he wanted to help me out, he only let you come to him during the night ONLY. But of course, the sexually frustrated emperor won't feel enough to meet his beloved during the night only." He laughs evilly.

The veins pop out on his forehead, Zhang Wei slams the table. But before he could say anything, the eunuch announced Xiu Ying's arrival.

As soon as Xiu Ying entered the room, Zhang Wei walks towards him but managed to send a smirk towards Fei Hong. "Love, what are you doing here? Miss me?" He asked while taking Xiu Ying's hands and leads him to the chair.

Xiu Ying squinted his eyes and his face is saying, 'Don't you feel ashamed saying things like that?'. But the emperor continues showing his silly smiles.

Fei Hong rises to greet Xiu Ying but Xiu Ying waves his hand and asked him to sit again. He glances at the door, thinking he might get a glance at Jing Yi.

"He's outside," said Xiu Ying. Fei Hong smiles faintly, feels embarrassed.

"Love, you didn't tell me, why you came here? Is there anything you need?" Zhang Wei pulls a chair closer to Xiu Ying then takes a seat on it. And, he can't keep his hand to himself. Always want to hold Xiu Ying's.

"Nothing. It's just I was walking around then suddenly thought of you and Lord Huang is here, so I thought of visiting. Am I interrupting something?"

Zhang Wei quickly shakes his head. "No of course not, love. We're just talking." He glances at Fei Hong.

Xiu Ying turns to Fei Hong and his lips curved with a hidden meaning. "You're so straightforward, aren't you, My Lord?"

Fei Hong blinks repeatedly. "Wh- what do you..."

"Jing Yi told me everything."

Fei Hong lowers his head and bites inside his lips. While at it, he stutters, "Th- then... did he say anything? I- I mean... his thought about wh- what I told him."

Xiu Ying chuckles. "He just told me what you told him. Then, he asked for my opinion on that matter. So, I said why not giving a try? If he didn't want to decide hastily, why not try to get to know each other first. That's all. Even when I asked him what he felt when you told him your feelings, he didn't answer me." Xiu Ying shrugs his shoulders.