Chapter 5: Am I Crazy?

Would you believe me if I enthusiastically said that my first day of school was amazing?

No? Nor will my parents.

I'm officially known as the creepy kid in this school and I think that will be my second name from now on.

I take back what I said about Caden. He might dress and look like a stereotypical bad boy but he's far from it. He's nice. On the nerdier side. I don't find any difference between Caden and Hermione Granger. Not kidding. He was annoyingly smart.

We were in the cafeteria, lunch break, he invited me to sit with and I couldn't deny it. Because:

1) I'd like him as a friend

&

2) I'm afraid to be alone.

Every corner I look, I see somebody staring at something. Like they're bewitched to stare. The janitor and a student with slit wrists. But all that horror was taken by Caden. And by Caden, I mean the girls surrounding our table.

It was like the whole school was at our seat, talking to Caden, girls giggling every time he talked and guys... well they were mostly being a kiss ass. And I was squeezed between two twins named Gabby and Abby. Don't know which is which. Too identical to even notice. They were wearing the same clothes, the same jewelry, the same freaking colored glasses!

Caden was talking about how he got his car over the summer. "So, I worked with my dad because he kept a reason if I can save enough money by working in his workshop, I can buy the car of my dreams. I was gonna loose until the amazing gentleman decided to tip me with 200 bucks because he loved the paint job."

Yay, you?

Hands slapped on the table and I look up to who it was and I saw it was your stereotypical baseball or basketball bad boy.

He looked at me with this smile and asked"Hey, creepy kid. Is it true that you live in a creepy house?" Caden said, "Leave him alone, Ryan." That Ryan guy looked back at me"You sure that you wanna be friends with this jerk?" Caden chuckled"Better than being friends with a pea brain like you." Ryan looked at him and said, "You wanna say that to my face, Jones!" Caden snickered"I already did. Are you deaf too?" Ryan looked at me and said, "Be careful who you become friends with, creepy kid." And then walked away, with Caden waving him goodbye.

Caden looked at me and said"Stay away from him. Trust me, he's not a good person. Unless if you wanna be friends with a cheater." He shrugged and then got back to his yapping about his new car.

X

I was in the parking lot, near my bike until I heard a car horn from behind me. I turned around and to Caden in his car, with the hood down and black sunglasses that rested on his face. He asked, "Need a ride, creepy kid?" I looked at him for a long while and he asked me like he was nervous"Am I coming up too strong? You don't want a ride?" I sighed.