Chapter 12: Journal

I put the diary safely in my bag and we made our way out the gates

I put the diary safely in my bag and we made our way out the gates. Visiting hours were up and it was almost 8 in the night.

Caden looked happy. The doofus smile on his face explains it all. He asked her"So you're telling me that you've been around this whole time?" She nodded with a smile"What I mostly remember of it." He furrowed his brows and then looked at me. I said honestly"She doesn't remember how she- you know." He sighed whispering"How she died." I nodded and we looked back at Blue with an anxious look on her face.

Driving down the highway, back to home, I decided to give the diary a read and I'm telling you, I did not like what I read.

My heart dropped to my stomach

My heart dropped to my stomach. They left him. They left him all alone. My grandfather, dad, and uncle Drew. They left him without hearing him out. I closed the journal and kept it back in my bag.

Looking out the window, it was dark that I could see my reflection in the glass. If I tell my parents, will they lock me up too and leave me all alone? Will they leave me to battle my nightmares all alone?

X

I reached home after twelve and I hoped that dad wasn't awake.

Closing the door behind me, I turned around and saw the LED lamp turned on. And there sat my dad in his favorite lazy boy chair, wearing his glasses and a blue robe on his matching striped pajama set. He slowly stood up from the chair and wrapped his arms against his chest as he spoke with a firm voice"We will talk about curfew in the morning, Sage. Go to sleep." I sighed and made my way up the stairs to my room.

Changing my clothes into pajamas, I lied on my bed with the diary in my hands.

This is big. If the diary is filled with nothing but ghost stuff, it felt heavy on my shoulders when I think about that, I'm holding a journal that I got from my uncle that I didn't even know existed 28 hours ago. This is his whole life experience in my hands. This journal is literally his whole life.

I should properly keep it safe. When he said earlier 'Be one of the good guys. Not the bad ones' was a way of him saying 'Do not fuck this up.' And I got that message loud and clear.