27

Camilla's POV

I needed her to wake up. I had nothing in my life that kept the thrill of it, but her. She gave me strength and the willingness to keep myself happy, keep myself adventurous. She was like the adventurous side of me. The daring side of me. And now I'm just plain old Camilla. Until she wakes up. If she wakes up.

Still Camilla🛑

A Few Months Later

I was married. And I did love him, not as much as I loved Charlie but at least he was here with me and not in a coma. And I don't mean that as in it's her fault, because I know it's not. But I needed someone to keep me sane whilst she was in a coma, someone to keep me going, someone who loved me even if it was no where near as much as what Charlie did.

It was my choice. My life. And I was happy at the minute, with him. I know there was a very slim chance of Charlie waking up anytime soon. And I had to take a risk, even if I wasn't ready.

I would never have been ready though. Because finding someone new meant finally admitting that there's a chance that Charlie may never wake up. There's a chance I may never get to feel the way I felt when I was with her. There's a chance that I would never get to feel complete again. But that was a leap I took. That was something I had accepted, or maybe something I had lost hope in.

And that was where my decision was made because I knew no matter how long I waited to take the jump, I would never have done it because my thoughts and life would have just evolved around Charlie, even if she wasn't actually here.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Charlie's POV

I could hear everything but see nothing.
Day after day, night after night, I could hear the talking but could never put a face to it. The voice sounded so calming yet protective. So distant but so close. I could hear the sounds all around me, yet my eyes would not let me see.

I could hear the constant beeping next to me meaning I was in hospital. But just how long had I been here?I could hear everything people said, something often on the lines of..."Is she going to wake up" or "when is her brain going to function" or "how much longer until she squeezes my hand" you know , all the common things people said to other people when someone was in a coma. Yes I'd realised a while ago that I must be in a coma of some sort. Why else would I not be waking up. I couldn't speak, cry, nothing.

After a while my ears must have shut off and was overcome with some sort of dream or realistic thought. A memory of that day.

I shoved Camilla behind me protectively and stared down at my dad.

He was talking but it wasn't going in. I got Camilla out and was left with my father.
The gun rose to my face and I was starting to hyperventilate. This was different. This did not happen. A women appeared next to him and the gun turned to her. He clicked the safety button and put his hand over the trigger. I felt a connection with her, but didnt know her. Just as he was about to press it my body let me speak, scream, do anything but move.

"NO!"I shrieked and tried to move but was being held down. Darkness over came me and the voice started to get louder.

"Miss Monaco calm down." Said a soothing voice. I felt overwhelmed, I was being held down.

"NO!"I seethed again and jolted awake. An intense light blinded me and it took a while for my eyes to adjust.

A woman in a blue gown stood in front of me eyes wide.

"W-whats happening." I cried out.
She jumped back to action and replied.

"A miracle miss, you're awake." I pondered on that thought before the doors burst open. A woman with dark bags around her eyes rushed towards me.

She practically jumped on me for a hug and said, "Oh Charlie, I'm so glad your awake." Wait she knew my name, no one knows my name?!

My face held a puzzled and worried expression as she smothered me with affection. I looked towards the nurse and recognition flooded her features.

"You don't know who this is?" She questioned me as she moved closer. I shook my head no and she started to peel the other woman off me.

"She doesn't remember you Mrs Monaco" she told the woman sympathetically. Ah so her name was Mrs Monaco, hmmm, who was she. Her head whipped up to my direction and tears started to form.

"Y-you don't remember me."she cried out.

"Sorry, I-I don't, am I supposed to?"I thought for a while and then it clicked. She's the woman in the dream, the one my dad was going to shoot, but why would he want to shoot her.

"I-it's you." I asked, trembling.
The nurse butted in and spoke up.

"Who is she dear?" she questioned.

"The woman, t-the one in my d-dream." I uttered out, confused. "My dad was gonna shoot her." I confessed and the nurse darted towards me.

"You remember your father but not this woman." She questioned. My father. My eyes went wide and I begun to panic.

"D-dad, where is he, he's not here right, hesdeadright?" I rushed out.

The woman from earlier came towards me and put her hand over mine. I instantly calmed down and she smiled warmly at that. She seemed relieved. I instantly knew who she was, the only one who could calm me, " Mum" I cried out and latched onto her arm. She hugged me back and spoke.

"Honey, your father's not dead, he's in prison... along with Camilla's boyfriend." she seethed out. Camilla.

"What boyfriend?"I spoke rudely.

"Mike."

"Oh, Mike." I seethed out in recognition.

"I meant to say ex-boyfriend darling, it's okay, he's long gone." she said with an undertone.

"Do you not like Camilla?" I questioned astonished.

My mother looked down and spoke.
"Right so I have to go, I'll tell Camilla that you're awake." she said starting to get up.

"No, no, I'll surprise her." I said happily.

"Oh darling, I'll just call" she said fast.

"No I'll surprise her."

"No no no honey I'm sure she'd prefer to come by."my mum said trying to change my decision.

"No!"I shouted. My mother looked down, nodded her head then walked out the room leaving me and the nurse.

"Well can you help me get ready, got somewhere to be." She looked on at me worried.

"Miss, you really should res-."

"No, I'm going."I stated firmly.
She nodded her head and helped me get ready to leave and go back home.