➴ Apollo's aesthetic is midwestern dad ➴

Apollo pulled me into the expensive restaurant and out of the cold, by my hand. There were only reservations for rich and famous people for the night of Christmas eve. Even though only rich and famous people usual only made reservations for this restaurant. I even got in a tuxedo for this, but I had one of Apollo's sweater in the car so I was good.

I told Apollo that I was fine with staying in but of course he said he wanted to go somewhere fancy and treat me the way I deserved to be treated, like a queen. His words not mine. I wondered if this place sold chicken tenders...

The host lead us to a booth in the back that was somewhat close to the fireplace in the room. I slowly felt the warmth come back to my body. I slid across Apollo, giving him a small smile. He returned said smile, before gazing back to the menu in front of him.

A different hostess placed two bowls of salad in front of us and sliced up bread by the end of the table. "Hello! My name is Rylee I'll be your waitress for tonight, can I start you guys off with any drinks or alcohol?" She asked us whipping out her notepad.

"We'll both have a water with a glass of blanc de noirs on the side." He told her. I was going to get water anyways, so it didn't matter to me that he said my order. I didn't drink champagne or any type of alcohol that often because I usually get drunk fairly easy.

The hostess didn't leave after she wrote down our orders instead she looked at us and asked "are you two on a date? I can light the candles that are by the walls for you guys." She asked. Apollo told her that we were dating and slid the candles in center of the table for her to light. For some reason she just had a lighter just sitting in her apron for her to light candles. I wouldn't want to get in a fight with her or she'll pull out her lighter. "I'll be right out with your drinks!" She smiled at us begore leaving to the kitchen.

"How's your night so far?" Apollo asked me giving me a grin that showed all of his pearly white teeth. He looked like he was up to something but I decided against saying anything.

"Good. You know that you don't need to take me somewhere fancy for me to have a good time? Hades you don't need to take me anywhere for me to have fun." I told Apollo. His smile seemed to dim a little bit.

"I know-"

"But I do enjoy going out sometimes and you spoiling me. Plus it is almost Christmas and I like feeling spoiled this time of year by you." I told him with a small grin. When I had been a small child I used to think that I wasn't good enough for anyone, sometimes I still felt like that but Apollo made me feel different. He made me feel as if I were the only thing important. I was excited to spend our third Christmas together.

The smile on Apollo's face seemed to brighten, making me want to go down town and buy a pair of sunglasses to help my poor eyes. I started eating the bread in front of us and gave some of my salad to Apollo, since he was probably going to eat it while I would just pick the toppings off of it.

The hostess brought out two tulip glasses, poured the liquid out in the oddly shaped glasses, and placed the cups of full of blanc de noir in front of us. She grabbed the waters she had brought out with her and placed them close to the freshly poured beverage.

"Do you fellows know what you would like for dinner?" She asked us in her southern accent.

"Ummm I'll take the white truffle pasta with the side of bruschetta."

"Would you like the feta cheese that goes on it?"

"Yes ma'am." She smiled in my direction before after writing it down at a speed quicker than I knew was even possible for humans.

"What would you like sir?" She asked Apollo.

"I'll take the steak." Apollo told her and told her the side he wanted with his food, and we gave our menus up to our waitress.

"You're giving midwestern dad vibes." I said to Apollo. He looked at me oddly before taking a gulp of the champagne.

"Why's that?" He questioned me with a curious face. I shrugged my shoulder at him, not knowing why I said half the things I did. I put my arms underneath my head and we soon flowed into a easy conversation.

~ line break ~

The meal was great, when I had reached for the bill, Apollo snatched it first so I couldn't see the price. I knew that it probably going to be really expensive but I wanted to know how much.

Apollo and I started walking around town, we soon ended on a boat dock that look very cozy for some reason. The moon was shining directly at the dock. I heard someone clear their throat behind me, I whirled around to see Apollo on one knee.

"Did you drop somethin'?" I questioned. But that was before I saw the ring box in his hands, I felt my eyes widen in shock.

"Perseus Jackson, I've loved you ever since we started to get to know each other. You are everything and more I would ever want. You can brighten someone's day without even trying. Please let me call you mine forever. Will you marry me?" He asked me. I had my hands on my heart feeling like I was about to have a heart attack.

I nodded my head, not knowing if I could even talk without crying. Apollo reached for my hand and slipped the ring on. I practically flung myself in his arms overjoyed.

"You idiot, I thought you dropped something." I said into his chest with some tears leaking from my eye. "If I accept becoming a God you can't have anyone but me. Is that okay?"

"I haven't had anyone else since we started dating my sun ray."

Technically it is Dec 4th even though it's only 12:19 am. Honestly the title is giving me life.