20//back

I wake up the next morning in Noah's bed, but he's not there. I hear the shower running so I assume he's just in there.

I run my thumb across my bottom lip and smile a little as I remember our kiss. But we both just ignored it. Like it didn't happen. Is that going to stay that way. I don't know I've only been here for a month. I know I like him, but it's freaking me out.

I keep trying to tell myself that if he didn't like me then he wouldn't have kissed me like that. If he didn't like me, he wouldn't have looked at me like that. If he didn't like me, he wouldn't open up to me.

But at the same time, what if he just wants a good fuck, what if I don't actually mean anything to him, jesus christ I hate insecurities.

But damn he was a good kisser.

I decide to just not mention it unless he does first. I throw on his hoodie and leggings we got from my house yesterday.

I walk downstairs and see Mrs. Eades making breakfast.

"Goodmorning honey, how'd you sleep?"

"Good, you?"

"Just fine." She smiles and hands me a plate of eggs and bacon.

I smile back and dig in.

"So I have to work the night shift again so I'll be home late, could you let Noah know?"

"Yeah absolutely," I smile and she turns to walk away, "Hey Mrs. Eades?"

"How many times do I have to tell you to call me Kelsey dear?"

"Sorry, Kelsey?"

"Yes?"

"You should rest before you go back to work." I smile kindly at her so she knows I'm not trying to be rude or anything, "I've noticed you work a lot and I think you need a break. When my mom gets home you, me, my mom, and my 2 girl friends should go on a spa day."

She smiles brightly at me.

"Carter, I would LOVE that!"

"Sounds like a plan." I smile at her and watch as she turns around and walks up to her room.

"Why's mom so happy? You guys weren't plotting my death down here were you?" He says playfully.

"How'd you know? Eavesdropping is wrong Noah." I reprimand him jokingly smaking his arm.

"Ha ha. Very funny Carter. You ready?" I sigh at this.

"As I'll ever be."

"Nice hoodie." He says as I stand up from my place at the kitchen table.

"Thanks I got it off this deadbeat dude with a massive crush on me."

"Your egos already too big there Carter, I wouldn't want to feed it back even dignifying that with a response." He smiles down at me my own smile falters a little bit. Kinda hurts hearing your crush indirectly say that liking you was unspeakable.

He, however, notices this.

"Hey, what's up?" He grabs my arm pulling me to a stop.

"Nothing," I laugh slightly. "It's stupid don't worry about it." I pull my arm out of his grip and get into his car. Closing my eyes with a sigh and resting my head against the window of his big black Chevy Silverado.

We get to school and I hop out of his truck, sling my backpack over my shoulder, and walk through the double doors leading straight to hell. Or as it is more formally known as... High School.

Noah falls into step beside me making no move to talk to me or anyone else for that matter, but proceeds to walk me to my locker, then to class not even waving goodbye as he turns to leave when we get there.