With the band

Vic

I stood in the small white room and waited at the counter for the clerk to return with my order, everything was white with light wood  details that matched the wood color on the floor. I heard the clicking of her heels on the floor as she walked back to behind the counter and placed the wrapped bouquet in front of me.

"Okay, just the one hydrangea bouquet....$29.95." She said and I handed her my card, she inserted the chip into the pad and waited for it to read, she pressed a few buttons and handed it back to me and handed me the bouquet and the receipt. I walked out with a smile and opened the passenger side of my car and placed the flowers carefully on the seat and crumbled the receipt into a ball and threw it into the car before closing the door and walking around to the drivers side and stepping in.

Harry invited me to a "small get together" at his house tonight, he said it's just his band coming and maybe a couple guys from the studio but he said it was unlikely they'd come along... he called them "let-down Lucy's" on the phone...he was real proud of that one.

He released his album cover and a few photos from the shoot just a few days ago, and the reactions from everyone is...astounding. The amount of positivity surrounding this set from, literally a world wide audience is something I couldn't even comprehend. And I know they were just so excited to see photos Harry like this, but that's my work they're looking at. It felt really good for the recognition, it felt even better when I started getting client requests offering a higher value for me to be their photographer. People wanted to hire me.

I am well aware that my work wouldn't be getting this much traction and people wouldn't be offering me more money and recognizing me as a more popular photographer at my studio without Harry and this opportunity he gave me, and I know I can't give back to him anything that could equate to that, but I figured a bouquet of his favorite flowers, that remind him of his mom, is at least somewhere to start.

Harry and I still haven't talked about the kiss from a week and a half ago, we actively avoid the topic and I think because neither of us has an answer for the other. To be truthful, I have no idea what it meant for us... we're friends, we've been friends for two months, and also business partners... if that's what you want to call hiring me for some shoots. I mean... I don't know, I like him, I love being around him and he is truly one of the people I trust most already. But i may just be thinking too much into it, I may be the only one catching feelings after that, but it is what it is. I'm not trying to bring it up and make things awkward and then not being able to look at him without feeling embarrassed, so... we're avoiding the topic. I haven't even mentioned it to Sophia... I wonder if he told Mitch.

I pulled myself from my spiderweb of worries and got off the couch to get ready. I threw on some black skinny jeans with rips in the knees and paired it with a white tshirt and I grabbed my large knit sweater from the closet. The sweater was large and swallowed me when I put it on, it was bright and colorful with patches of reds, greens, and yellows, with patterned patches scattering throughout.