Dinner

Vic

We got back to Harry's late last night after getting dinner together after the shoot and had an amazing night out. He took me to this small little restaurant he used to go to almost every night when he used to live here instead of LA. The food was amazing, but the company was even better, he was absolutely buzzing about the all the animals and how much he loved being able to hold all of them. It was truly a shoot like no other. Today he had plans with a bunch of his friends, so he left at around 1 this afternoon and told me he'd be back in time to take me to dinner. So while I'm in this new city I decided to go take a walk around the streets and look at all the little shops, and maybe try and find somewhere to buys some groceries so I can make dinner for him tonight, to do something nice after everything he's done for me.

I was successful in finding a small grocery store where I was able to buy supplies to make some chicken Alfredo. I also found myself in little shops buys little trinkets I didn't need, a gift for Sophia, and of course a gift for Arlo. I spent the rest of the afternoon in Harry's house, poking around in the rooms and finding one room, with a large grand piano in it, along with some guitars. He had two guest rooms along with another full bathroom with a shower and a bathtub. It was large house but it didn't feel lonely, it was a warm and homey.

I found myself back in the kitchen as I began digging through his cabinets looking for a pot and a strainer. I filled the pot with water and set it on the stove and let it begin to come to a boil. I prepared the pasta and the sauce, and I put the chicken in the oven to cook. I was excited to be cooking, and to actually be cooking for another person was nice. I can't wait for him to come back, even if it's only been a few hours, I can't wait for him to be back so we could spend some time together, relaxing.

It's still so unreal to me to be here with him, he's truly one of the most important people to me, I am never nor smiling when I'm with him, he's my best friend. I do, truly love him, and I've been battling with myself over if I should say it or not, because if this... thing we're doing here, gets ruined... I don't know what I'd do without him. He's done so much for me and my career, and on top of that... he's my biggest fan, and he needs to know that... I think. It's terrifying to imagine the worst possible outcome, but what if it just, works out? What if I put it out there, and then we just... keep doing this. Keeping it to myself is driving me insane, and I'm about to explode. And what better timing than in London while having the time of my life?

The sound of boiling water mumbling behind me caught my attention and I turned around and poured the fettuccine into the water and covered it. I found a smaller pot and poured in the white Alfredo sauce and added the shredded Parmesan cheese to it and stirred it in as I let it sit over low heat and once the cheese was melted I set it aside and checked on the pasta and stirred the pot a few times before setting the metal cover back on the pot. I found some large bowls and placed them on the counter and then looked through some drawers before finding the silverware.

I placed the napkins on the table with a fork and a large soup spoon to help twist the pasta onto the fork, making spots at the table across from one another. I took the candle from the living room table and placed it on the table between the two place settings and went back to check on my pasta. I placed the strainer in the sink and poured the water and pasta in before putting the cooked pasta back in the pot and poured in the sauce. I divided the pasta up onto the plates and put them on the hot plate beside the overtop and turned it on to keep it warm until he got back. It was 8:00, so he shouldn't be long now.

My nerves only grew as the time passed, it quickly became 8:30 and then 9:00. I sat on the couch and my excitement faded with each minute that passed, and I don't think he's coming back soon. I grabbed my pasta from hot plate and took a seat at the table, watching the candle burn within the inches of melted wax. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I leaned forward a bit and slid it out from my back pocket and saw Sophia texted me. It wasn't the update on Arlo I was expecting, and it wasn't a friendly check in.