Do you love me?

Vic

I cracked the eggs over the hot pan and listened to them sizzle as I heard the blender ding as it turned on and I glanced behind me to see David starting to pour some of the frozen fruit into the glass with some milk. I pushed my butt out behind me and bumped him, he chuckled and did the same as he reached around and squeezed my hip with his hand quickly. I flipped the eggs on the pan and while they finished I placed two pieces of bread in the toaster. I turned the stove off and moved the pan off the hot burner and turned around to snake my arms around his torso while he finished making smoothies and peeked my head over his shoulder to see.

"Making sure the blender didn't catch on fire?" He asked sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

"I told you it was an old blender, I think the last time this thing saw any action was my on my 17th birthday when my dad made me a milkshake for dinner." I told him as my toast popped. I turned around and put each piece on a plate and placed the over-easy eggs on top of each while David poured the smoothie into cups before filling the blender with water and soap to let us sit while we ate. We took our breakfast to the balcony and each took a seat on either side of the black metal table.

"I didn't realize my girlfriend was a chef." He said as he took a bite.

"Oh hush, it's just an egg on some toast." I said giggling and he smiled to me as I took a sip of the smoothie. "This however, is immaculate." I told him and he shrugged and flicked his head to give me a dramatic hair flip.

"We have to get you a proper blender though if we're gonna keep making breakfast like this. We'll of course keep the old one somewhere safe though, okay?" He said sweetly and I smiled. It was sweet of him assure me we'll keep the one I have. The first time we dusted it off to use he made a joke about how old it was, but when I told him that it was my dad's he asked me every question he could think of about it, my dad, and the memories stacked inside some kitchen appliance, and I told him that every morning on my birthday my dad made me a smoothie, and for my birthday dinner he'd make me a milkshake. My 17th birthday was the last one we got to celebrate together, and my 18th was spent organizing my stuff in my new apartment in LA. It's not my birthday, but when I told him how special it used to make me feel when my dad made my favorites, he insisted that he made me one whenever he could.

After breakfast we cleaned the dishes quickly and moved to the couch. He sat towards the middle as I laid down with my legs across his lap as he rested his laptop on my shins, and mine rested in my lap while we worked. After 10 minutes I got bored of editing and went to my emails to waste some time. It was mostly just junk mail until I saw one from 'LAartgallery'

"Oh my god." I said out loud as I swung my legs from his lap and onto the floor as I stared at the screen.

"What, what is it?" He asked rushed and leaned over and saw my mouse hovering over the unopened email. "Oh my god." He repeated and placed a hand on my arm. I took a deep breath and opened it, looking at David first and turning my attention to the message and I began to read out loud.

"Dear Miss Victoria Townes,

On behalf of the LA Art Gallery, we are pleased to inform you that we have approved your submission and would like to offer you-" I stopped reading to David and stared at the screen, frozen in disbelief.

"Oh my god... Vic." He said and I looked over at him with wide eyes, as a big smile grew on his face. "Oh my god, you got it! Vic, you got it!" He exclaimed and moved my laptop to the other side of him.

"Oh my god." I said and a smile started breaking on my face and I turned to him. "I got it!" I said loudly and he enveloped me in a tight hug as I threw my arms around him. We pulled away and I reached for my laptop to read the email again. "Oh my god, I have to tell H- everyone, Sophia's gonna lose it- Mackenzie is gonna scream. I'm just.... Shocked." I said rushed.