| one |

my breathing was starting to become rigged as i paced the kitchen floor hoping that this was all a dream or some sick joke.

but this wasn't some joke or dream this was reality and i was in danger. same as the other 7 like me. and it was up to me to protect them!

how could i be so selfish? there is 7 others like me also in danger and i'm the only one that can help them.

i snapped out of my trance and grabbed the note while rushing to my room and throwing clothes in a duffle bag. as i finished packing i heard the front door shut.
thinking it was my mom or my two younger siblings i walked to the stairs and peaked down to catch a glimpse of two older looking men walking around my house.

my eyes widen as i heard them begin to talk.

"get the boy! i'll look around for something that can help us."

what? get me?

is this what the note was talking about? were these the people that want me for science? oh god!

i ran to my room while locking my bedroom door and rushed to the window.

as i looked around i saw their cars parked out front but there was nothing out back so i could probably get away without them noticing me, if i just jumped.

so i did. i threw my bag out the window and took a few steps back before hearing voices again.

"i think the boy is in here!"

"well get in there you idiot!"

before they could continue i took a run at the window and leaped out.

that was a very bad choice though because the impact hurt like a bitch!

"HEY!"

i looked up to see the two men looking down at me from my bedroom, but before they could do anything i grabbed my bag and ran.