| four |

as i soon was able to see the 'welcome to sydney' sign, i sighed in relief since i was beginning to get cramped up in the van i drove in.

once i entered the town realization hit me that i have no idea how to find these two boys.

so i went with my best guess and drove towards a roadhouse that looked pretty busy. after i parked the car, i got out and started heading towards the diner.

inside sat over 30 people which i was guessing were locals. hoping someone would know of the boys, i walked up to the bar to see a worker, so i took a seat in front of her and smiled.

"can i get you anything love?" she asked while glancing up.

"well now that you ask, i was wondering if you know the where abouts of luke hemmings and calum hood?"

she stopped what she was doing and looked at me curiously but with precaution.

"why do you ask?!"

"look, i was sent here to protect these boys. so if you know where these two are i suggest you start talking."

i was not going to put up with any shit because i don't know if any of these kids are hurt or going to be hurt. so i need to act fast.

"i - i ca-" she was cut off by a woman's voice behind her.

"come with me boy."
the tanned skin woman spoke.

"who are you?"

"i'm calum's mother. and if you are telling the truth about helping him and luke than i suggest you come with me."

i nodded quickly and followed the woman to the back of the building.

"this way." she said as she opened the back door to walk into a house-like place.

it looked pretty new as the furniture and living area was updated, but what caught my attention was the two teen boys on the sofas playing video games.

"calum, luke. this is..."
she looked at me, as i never told her my name yet.

"ashton"

"he's here to help and protect you, isn't that right ashton?" she asked while looking at me.

to be completely honest i was scared, this woman intimated me a little bit.

"yes ma'am"

she nodded and walked off letting us boys chat for a bit.

"help us?! like hell you can! you don't even know us or what we can do!" the tanned boy who i'm guessing was the son of the mother aka calum said.

"actually i do."

"oh yea? how huh? think you can fix us or experiment on us? we aren't stupid." calum snapped at me, again.

"listen i know what you are going through right now-" i was cut off by calum.

"how?"

"because i'm just like you."
when the words left my mouth the blonde haired boy looked up from where he sat and asked,

"what is it?"

"what?"

"your power or what ever, what is it?" luke asked.

"i get visions, sometimes of the past but mostly of the future. yet they aren't really that clear half the time."

"how can you help us if you are one of us as well?" now was calum's turn to talk.

"i was sent here from my visions, and i got a letter from people wanting to help us." i paused while reaching in my pocket and pulling out the letter i got and handing it to them to read.

after about 5 minutes after they read it they stared at the piece if paper in shock.

the dark haired boy ripped the paper from the blonde an ruffly handed it to me.

"this is a load of bullshit, your not like us. you're a liar. you just want us for science. we can't trust you! so take your fake ass and go back to where you came from!" he spit at me while shoving me out the door.

"wait!" the blonde boy said at us while standing up for the first time i came in the door.

can i just say wow! he is tall!

"what if what he is saying is true?"

"luke we can't trust him, he isn't even a mutant like us!"

but they both froze from their banter as i started to groan loudly in pain and clutch my head.

as i began to fall to my knees, i felt arms gripping my shoulder keeping me stable.

"ashton! ashton are you okay?! what's happening?"
the voice sounded like luke's   but i couldn't answer as i was too far gone to respond.

my visions flashed back and forth in my head causing intense pain. i couldn't think of anything else but the images.
it was hard to understand but i was able to catch a few images of a girl in a room. than it became more clear.

"father p - please don't do this." the girl begged her father who stood in front of her.

"do what? is it your so called powers that make you a freak, that lets you know what i'm thinking?" he smirked as he shoved his daughter closer to the bed.

"y - yes and i know what you are going to do. so s - stop." she sounded so weak and frail.

"no can do babe."
he said as he began to rip pieces if clothing off her body.

and with that the vision stopped and ashton stopped groaning and holding his head in pain. while the two boys looked at him bewilderedly and curiously.

"umm, what just happened?" calum asked after a few moments of silence.

"t - that was my power. my visions. i wasn't lying, i would never about something like that." i sighed while glancing up.

"that looked so painful though!" luke gasped.

"it hurts more than it looks."
it was true it feels like thousands of pins hitting the inside of your head while you are trying to pay attention to the images going on.

"but how can you deal with that if its so painful?" calum asked out of curiosity.

"i don't really know, i mean i got them since i was 14, yet the pain has never died down, or have i gotten use to it."

"wow" was the only words leaving the boys mouth.

"what was it about? your vision i mean." calum asked.

"it was a girl just like us, she seemed to have some sort of mind reading power." i paused thinking if i should tell them about the father.
but i mean if we are going to save this girl, might as well.

"but that's not all" the boys looked at me curiously,
"she was going to be raped by her father and she looked so weak and frail." i sighed sadly.

"o - okay." luke spoke.

"what?" i asked.

"we will come with you."
luke said as calum nodded in agreement.

"we need to save these others like us, especially if they are in danger like that girl." calum spoke.

"it's not going to be easy but if we got each other thats all we need right?" luke asked.

"yea."

"than lets do this!"